Player Workouts

RunInRed

Sammie was definitely skinny when he arrived.

He wasn't skinny. He was about what you'd expect a long and athletic receiver to look like coming out of HS.

827263.jpg

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He wasn't skinny. He was about what you'd expect a long and athletic receiver to look like coming out of HS.

827263.jpg

Just because he is defined doesn't mean he wasn't skinny. SC was 6'2" 175-180 lbs coming out of HS. That isn't very big.

Just because he is defined doesn't mean he wasn't skinny. SC was 6'2" 175-180 lbs coming out of HS. That isn't very big.

I'm not sure what your baseline for an 18 year old rangy HS receiver is. That build is absolutely not "skinny" for a ~6'1.5" receiver out of HS. These kids dont show up to campus looking like Calvin Johnson on the Lions.

"Skinny" is AJ Green coming out of HS. This is what "Skinny" looks like...

362493.jpg

AJ Green was freakishly skinny. Sammie Coates wasn't skinny, in my opinion. His biggest pros were size, strength and speed. That's why we took him. Truitt's pictures makes me think he's on roids. He's much bigger than the last time I saw. Kudos to him.

I don't see the difference between coates and aj green's pics. They are both skinny......

Maybe you should check your eyes. Green was a twig. Coates has noticeable muscle development in the trunk. Visible muscular taper development.

Can you tell the difference in this picture?

AR-312259960.jpg

Maybe you should check your brain but we're not talking no more than 2 inches difference in height and no more than ten pounds in weight and aj actually weighed more. Yeah your pic of aj in pads could deceive the eyes you just like to try to make everybody wrong about something chimes wasn't wrong he was right Coates was skinny in high school. Green was as well. Of course you want to say he's wrong and have a who's skinnier pic post contest.

I like what we are seeing in our offseason program. I would love to see some of our OL, DL, and LBs as well.

I'm not sure what your baseline for an 18 year old rangy HS receiver is. That build is absolutely not "skinny" for a ~6'1.5" receiver out of HS. These kids dont show up to campus looking like Calvin Johnson on the Lions.

362493.jpg

My baseline is coaching them. I see them daily. The receivers that are that height and weight are skinny. Most are very defined, but that does not diminish the fact that they will blow over with a strong gust. No, they do not show up like Calvin, but to even imply they might is pretty asinine. At 6'1"-3" it is not unusual to see receivers in the 185-195 lbs range in high school. That is 10-20 lbs heavier than SC was at the same point. That is a significant difference in weight . Then again, I'm only talking about Texas HS, so you may be right in AL and GA...but I doubt it.

827263.jpg

362493.jpg

I'd expect a "long" and "rangy" receiver coming out of high school to be on the skinny side.

362493.jpg

My baseline is coaching them. I see them daily. The receivers that are that height and weight are skinny. Most are very defined, but that does not diminish the fact that they will blow over with a strong gust. No, they do not show up like Calvin, but to even imply they might is pretty asinine. At 6'1"-3" it is not unusual to see receivers in the 185-195 lbs range in high school. That is 10-20 lbs heavier than SC was at the same point. That is a significant difference in weight . Then again, I'm only talking about Texas HS, so you may be right in AL and GA...but I doubt it.

For me personally, my baseline has always been Bo Jackson. I am the exact height and weight Bo was during his playing days. Funny, but I still don't look anything like him.

I'd expect a "long" and "rangy" receiver coming out of high school to be on the skinny side.

Agree. Those words are pretty much just a nicer way of saying "tall and skinny".

Skinny and rangy are different the 6'3" 175 pound kid on the Chess team who never played any sports looks different then the 6'3" 175 pound kid who played wide receiver. The first kid is skinny the second kid is rangy as he actually has some muscle development. But either way you are both correct neither guy was very heavy coming out of HS

I've been told I'm short and portly. Can someone give me the different definitions of that?

stumpy, squatty, chubby, chunky......... I think I remember all of those terms growing up, and I'm 6'1". I have trimmed down to a svelt 255 now, but I am lifting a ton! lol

Maybe you should check your brain but we're not talking no more than 2 inches difference in height and no more than ten pounds in weight and aj actually weighed more. Yeah your pic of aj in pads could deceive the eyes you just like to try to make everybody wrong about something chimes wasn't wrong he was right Coates was skinny in high school. Green was as well. Of course you want to say he's wrong and have a who's skinnier pic post contest.

+1

Archived