2013 4* S Tray Matthews (Georgia signee & transferred to AU)

Rednilla

Just asking, but which "insider" explicitly said he wasn't coming? I don't remember such. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but could you please reveal who said such.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just asking, but which "insider" explicitly said he wasn't coming? I don't remember such. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but could you please reveal who said such.

WDEWDE's first post on the issue said Tray was not coming and sounded pretty definitive. Later the same day he said Tray could come to AU if he impressed the AU coaches, which we all know now he did.

WDEWDE's first post on the issue said Tray was not coming and sounded pretty definitive. Later the same day he said Tray could come to AU if he impressed the AU coaches, which we all know now he did.

Quite the qualifier there. He absolutely will not be at Auburn... unless he really blows the coaches away and then he might be.

No E wasn't meant for you and no I won't form it as a question because it's not. When people had questions or statements early on about this there were some who blew them off and said there was no way TM ends up here yet here he is. This would be like the third situation where this situation or a similar happened. I'm thinking instead of the people who are supposed to be the all knowing looking down on everybody, everybody should be treated equally because with different recruits from different areas from all over there could be many "insiders" at one given point of time instead of the well if so and so didn't say it it's not legit and if they do day it it shouldn't be questioned. At last that's my opinion.

Well I will respond to this by saying WDEWDE, and Bigbird when he has passed on info, have never passed on info to us in a manner that is all knowing nor have either one ever blew off any readers that question about a recruit. They also have never posted in a way that came across as them being better than the rest of the members on this board. They have treated everybody equally. If people read their posts in the manner which you stated then it's on their own misinterpretations or general distaste for insider posting in general that scews perception. Another factor could be so many of us revere what they bring to the table that it creates a negative and inaccurate perception of them and/ or their posts for some people.

No E wasn't meant for you and no I won't form it as a question because it's not. When people had questions or statements early on about this there were some who blew them off and said there was no way TM ends up here yet here he is. This would be like the third situation where this situation or a similar happened. I'm thinking instead of the people who are supposed to be the all knowing looking down on everybody, everybody should be treated equally because with different recruits from different areas from all over there could be many "insiders" at one given point of time instead of the well if so and so didn't say it it's not legit and if they do day it it shouldn't be questioned. At last that's my opinion.

Well I will respond to this by saying WDEWDE, and Bigbird when he has passed on info, have never passed on info to us in a manner that is all knowing nor have either one ever blew off any readers that question about a recruit. They also have never posted in a way that came across as them being better than the rest of the members on this board. They have treated everybody equally. If people read their posts in the manner which you stated then it's on their own misinterpretations or general distaste for insider posting in general that scews perception. Another factor could be so many of us revere what they bring to the table that it creates a negative and inaccurate perception of them and/ or their posts for some people.

Or guys like you put them on a pedestal.

Better chance of me playing for AU than Trey.

That settles that. Tray virtually a lock to Louisville per our insider..

some read that as a qualifier, other's realize that info changes quickly. Like you say, a poster's perception truly colors their opinion on the matter. To each their own...

Quite the qualifier there. He absolutely will not be at Auburn... unless he really blows the coaches away and then he might be.

Just relaying what he posted. You have followed recruiting enough to know all this stuff can be very fluid at times.

Also I don't understand the frustration you spoke of earlier. If you want to count this as a miss then WDEWDE has only had 2 misses since last Summer. 1 obviously was he who shall not be named that everybody with any kind of connection missed on. It's pretty damn good to only have 2 misses in a year's time and instead of appreciating all the great stuff he has shared with us you are going to focus on and be frustrated by 2 misses? That makes no sense.

Huh? I don't understand this. When was that ever said or implied?

That's a copy/paste of the previous thread that was locked. WDE stated that he had a better chance of playing for AU than Trey and you followed him with "That settles that. Tray virtually a lock to Louisville per our insider". Do you really not remember that?

My problem isn't with the "insiders" or the information they bring. I certainly realize these situations are fluid and can be quickly turned on their head. My problem is with the way they are treated compared to the way the 99% are when situations like this arise.

Is this about who gets credit for telling a bunch of anonymous people on an anonymous message board that a player is coming to AU? Anonymous message board cred???? :laugh:

That's a copy/paste of the previous thread that was locked. WDE stated that he had a better chance of playing for AU than Trey and you followed him with "That settles that. Tray virtually a lock to Louisville per our insider". Do you really not remember that?

My problem isn't with the "insiders" or the information they bring. I certainly realize these situations are fluid and can be quickly turned on their head. My problem is with the way they are treated compared to the way the 99% are when situations like this arise.

You're right. I only went back to the 9th and that was posted on the 4th. Yes I really did not remember that. There are so many kids I try to keep up with in the 2015 and 2016 classes for y'all that I forget something occasionally. Also my memory has been getting steadily worse the past few months.

As for how you and the rest are treated, people are not talked down to or treated like red headed step children like it seems to be that you believe. But understand this. When there is a topic that an insider with a proven track record like WDEWDE's, presents info on a topic that info carries more weight than other's opinions. That's just logic. With that, I apologize If I ever made anyone, or their opinions, feel worthless. That has never been the purpose, tone, or intent of my posts in these matters.

Is this about who gets credit for telling a bunch of anonymous people on an anonymous message board that a player is coming to AU? Anonymous message board cred???? :laugh:

:laugh: Weegs you need to post in the recruiting forum more often. Your lightness is refreshing.

Come on ellitor, tell whoever it is that they have 1billion anonymous message board cred in their virtual anonymous message board cred account so we can talk about TM again. ;D

Chimes, do you also post under 'Metafour'?

:poke:

Chimes, do you also post under 'Metafour'?

:poke:

Britt, you are a constant thorn in my side. Keep up the good work. :hellyeah:

So when does TM get to campus?

For classes? June 23. For leisure he has been there a lot including staying the night last night.

After the next 14 months in our conditioning program, it will be interesting to see where he ends up. The trend for taller db's would seem to displace him from constant coverage responsibilities - at least compared to the "newer" recruits.

I recall him being a hard hitter. Seems like the hybrid star position may be a good compromise fit. CEJ seems to have stumbled upon something this last year ... 2 different types of "stars" ... A larger LB type and a smaller safety type. Wonder if moving forward he sees both "types" as filling the same position?

What are TM's measurables and could he be a possible candidate at star?

Tray Matthews, S

Newnan, GA

6'0 / 194 / 4.74

Offers: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Georgia*, Michigan, Mississippi, Mississippi State, North Carolina, Ohio State, Southern Miss and Virginia Tech, among others.

247Sports: 4* (Top247 - No. 96)

ESPN: 4* (ESPN150 - No. 122)

Rivals: 4* (Rivals 100 - No. 85)

Scout: 4*

Don't know how to copy link correct

I don't know about a trend to taller DB's. I saw a breakout recently where the average NFL corner is in the 5'9" to 5'11" range. Of course a taller corner would be preferred, all things being equal but things aren't equal. Among other factors the shorter guys have better recovery time, or so it said.

I don't see Matthews at Star, we've got plenty of help coming in there already.

Look at most of the elite corners in the nfl and they all seem to be taller so might as well go for elite players IMO. As far as that other stuff I really didn't want to call out names I was just trying to say we ALL are fairly intelligent here no reason to form a class system where one guy can tell everybody else when and when not to offer an opinion

Archived