Favorite posters?

cole256

1 hour ago, api1957 said:

I see I ain’t make anyone’s list...

225C5223-1318-4638-8989-93767F8DD959.gif

Big fan of yours @api1957:cheers:

My favorites are usually those with great senses of humor.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

In no particular order and for various reasons:

@AUDub @McLoofus @Tiger Refuge @WarTiger @DAG @GwillMac6 @Maverick.AU @kevon67 @AUld fAUx@ @Brad_ATX

There's one on that list that has never been accused of being the smartest man in any room.......but at times can be the funniest 😁

Bird and golf told me to take it to PM's so I kicked both of them off the list, I also told somebody that I would ban them if they kept it up and they laughed at me......my authority is being questioned lately.......but titan told me to hold my breath and I'll be a mod so there's that 😥

I enjoy many on here but ArgoEagle and I have something in common.   Rednilla I appreciate as Mod since I become acquainted with him over 10 years ago on another site. I believe he told me about Aufamily.

No doubt in my mind this is the best site hands down.  And I was a member of 24/7 too

On 9/28/2019 at 10:07 AM, ToraGirl said:

'72...I told my 2nd graders yesterday that I was a "wimpy camper"...give me flush toilets, showers, and a campfire to cook and I am fine.  I can do with a river or creek to bathe.  I prefer hotels, such a sissy.  But the funniest (now) but not so much then was getting completely washed out  and having no electricity while tent camping (mom, dad, brother) at Buck's Pocket SP...not that far from DeSoto!!  OUR family always arrived after dark at campsites, from the east to the west, because our dear dad indulged his other (non-AU football/prof-ing) love..."junking" along the way from antique mall to antique mall searching for Aladdin lamps.  80's also!

Now fast-forward to his final days on earth.  Having amassed QUITE a collection, my mama finally said, "John, what do you want me to do with your lamps?"  He said, "Sell them to collectors."  And with those generated funds and a newly enacted PACT program for Alabama students, state college of their choice, Mama invested those dollars during her first grandchild's infancy and made this possible:  our dear daughter was able to graduate from Faulkner U last December and is changing lives in "mini me" vein by teaching world geography to middle schoolers where we live.  My mama is a stewardship guru, and we owe her SO VERY MUCH.  And I guess every antique mall stop, even if it meant gathering firewood after dark, was worth it.  

Legacy.  Camping.  Thank you for the memories!!!  My M-F world below...

cover photo, Image may contain: people sitting, table and indoor

Thank you for sharing.  How can kids not learn in that environment? I love it when teachers provide more earth tones and comfortable spaces for learning. Thank you. 

On 9/28/2019 at 11:07 AM, ToraGirl said:

'72...I told my 2nd graders yesterday that I was a "wimpy camper"...give me flush toilets, showers, and a campfire to cook and I am fine.  I can do with a river or creek to bathe.  I prefer hotels, such a sissy.  But the funniest (now) but not so much then was getting completely washed out  and having no electricity while tent camping (mom, dad, brother) at Buck's Pocket SP...not that far from DeSoto!!  OUR family always arrived after dark at campsites, from the east to the west, because our dear dad indulged his other (non-AU football/prof-ing) love..."junking" along the way from antique mall to antique mall searching for Aladdin lamps.  80's also!

Now fast-forward to his final days on earth.  Having amassed QUITE a collection, my mama finally said, "John, what do you want me to do with your lamps?"  He said, "Sell them to collectors."  And with those generated funds and a newly enacted PACT program for Alabama students, state college of their choice, Mama invested those dollars during her first grandchild's infancy and made this possible:  our dear daughter was able to graduate from Faulkner U last December and is changing lives in "mini me" vein by teaching world geography to middle schoolers where we live.  My mama is a stewardship guru, and we owe her SO VERY MUCH.  And I guess every antique mall stop, even if it meant gathering firewood after dark, was worth it.  

So cool Tora.  Thank you too for the photo, that IS a very cool classroom.  It's funny how classes have changed over the decades.  I literally grew up in classrooms like Ralphie's in A Christmas Story.  ... even through HS ('90 grad).

Also, noting your family's affinity for Japan.  My wife has worked for 2 or 3 Japanese companies over the years and actually travelled to Chiba (sp?), near Tokyo, for a week and had a blast!  The pics and stories of what she saw there were so cool.  I'll never get over the vending machines they have there....you can buy almost literally anything!  Also, I'm shocked they CAN even work as apparently they go out after work and get bombed pretty much every night (at least the men do).

Good stuff!

14 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

So cool Tora.  Thank you too for the photo, that IS a very cool classroom.  It's funny how classes have changed over the decades.  I literally grew up in classrooms like Ralphie's in A Christmas Story.  ... even through HS ('90 grad).

Also, noting your family's affinity for Japan.  My wife has worked for 2 or 3 Japanese companies over the years and actually travelled to Chiba (sp?), near Tokyo, for a week and had a blast!  The pics and stories of what she saw there were so cool.  I'll never get over the vending machines they have there....you can buy almost literally anything!  Also, I'm shocked they CAN even work as apparently they go out after work and get bombed pretty much every night (at least the men do).

Good stuff!

Out of reactions, but much appreciation!  YES, '72! That's so neat that she went! Traveled thru Chiba prefecture on first trip, a year after "Brother" arrived...1995. Then, we took our two to visit our kin in 2014. Nothing like seeing it for yourself. Vending blew us away, too...spaghetti with meatballs! Discovered that when the businessmen imbibe too much, they often stay in a "capsule hotel" rather than face their wives. Our son has visited "Uncle" for the last two summers and though he steers clear of alcohol, decided to try the capsule just for the experience. Plus they're relatively cheap. He said it was hot and not for the claustrophobic, but since he likes tight spaces, he was all in. (HA...I guess literally...)

Classroom...you're so kind! Domo arigato gozaimasu!  I can't afford tickets for them, but if I can bring the world to them and fuel their thirst to wonder about how to change it for the better and wander it themselves one day, or even through books, then my heart soars. Our family's travels are never just for us. 

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Thank you for sharing.  How can kids not learn in that environment? I love it when teachers provide more earth tones and comfortable spaces for learning. Thank you. 

So thankful for your affirmation! Out of reactions today...my goal is to catalyze wonder. We basically "live" in our classrooms as learners of all ages. I want mine to feel like home. 

On 9/28/2019 at 10:07 AM, ToraGirl said:

I noticed the sofa in your classroom. My wife has one too in her reading center. I don't know how teachers do it. Underpaid, overworked, and underappreciated by anyone who has no real concept of what you go through each day. I try to be her sounding board but it is really difficult some times. Fortunately the parents at this school are involved more than the last school and I mean that in a good way. Thank you for what you do each day and the effect you have on the lives of your students. 

10 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Thank you for what you do each day and the effect you have on the lives of your students. 

I second that. Lots of respect for teachers. Keep up the good work.

As a side note, just from the look-a-like threads alone, I believe you have a definite gift.  ;) 

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

I noticed the sofa in your classroom. My wife has one too in her reading center. I don't know how teachers do it. Underpaid, overworked, and underappreciated by anyone who has no real concept of what you go through each day. I try to be her sounding board but it is really difficult some times. Fortunately the parents at this school are involved more than the last school and I mean that in a good way. Thank you for what you do each day and the effect you have on the lives of your students. 

You are welcome, and many blessings to your wife!!  We really are in it for the intangibles. As for school systems, it means so much to land where you are valued, appreciated, have voice!  Then you're set free to give others theirs! As "teacher families", we both know the world of out-of-pocket, but here is what the public may not know. Seatbelts for the funniest...

Sofa, yes, but not visible in this shot...those are my street trash, re-covered fold-ups!...found in the lean years when I was waiting for a position and picked up as a sign of faith. My 98-year old indefatigable Grandmother, now gone to glory, picked the sofa up off the street in Auburn around the corner from her home on AUBURN DRIVE, took it home, cleaned it up. Recovered it by hand, valiant seamstress, she. I inherited it upon her passing, took it to my Elmore County classroom where its blue and yellow fit nicely in my Garden Patch. Upon learning my dream job emerged 40 minutes away after a decade-plus there, and seeking to busy myself while both of our 20-somethings were exploring Ireland and Japan that summer, I discovered Facebook Marketplace, posted and sold all my garden decor, and bargain-bought, traded, thrifted, and street-trashed my way into what you see before you. Old lamps for new--reduce, reuse, recycle. Most out of pocket. Just repurposed, spiffed, and arranged like the indy coffee shops I have a hard time staying out of. 🤣 (Starting over in year 21 meant I could be wiser about the color schemes. It's been fun.) I nap after school on the re-re-covered couch when needed and offer it for others. And my scavenger-retired-3rd-grade-teacher Grandmother, the one whose (rare for the time) travel love catalyzed the patriarchal line down to me...well, her presence is palpable at times in the WorldCafe... 

17 minutes ago, Sully to Beasley said:

I love all of God's children!! :hearts:

Amen! 

FB_IMG_1569793169591.jpg

52 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

I second that. Lots of respect for teachers. Keep up the good work.

As a side note, just from the look-a-like threads alone, I believe you have a definite gift.  ;) 

Thank you so much, JohnnyAU! Laughing has been good medicine for me through that thread...you are a blessing!!

6 hours ago, AUbritt said:

What's up, cole? I am just really busy these days. War Eagle!

My man! Well keep on keeping on bro! I'm sure we can spark a good convo before the season is over.

8 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Honestly, except for the holier than thou crowd, this board is great. Mostly friendly folk who just love Auburn, 

I agree. Lots of people here with a good sense of humor

Archived