Favorite posters?

cole256

52 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Me on a camping trip wearing my shirt. Everytime I think about Auburn Eagle I think about AUpops. He was definitely a favorite of mine. 

1569627962844-e569c5f2-9902-4c5c-9545-83085c0e566e.jpg

Now I don't like you so much..........you have more hair and less body fat.........standing next to you all day would just make me feel taller and fatter.....I have kids for that😂

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Now I don't like you so much..........you have more hair and less body fat.........standing next to you all day would just make me feel taller and fatter.....I have kids for that😂

Put things in much different perspective when you see what people look like lol  and @gr82be, totally looks like a chill as dude 

1 minute ago, kevon67 said:

Lol that was about 8 yrs ago and the hairs a little thinner now. I've been fortunate in the weight category with my metabolism. I'm 6'3" and weigh the same as I did in high school. Just more muscle then than now. 

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

Put things in much different perspective when you see what people look like lol  and @gr82be, totally looks like a chill as dude 

Ha, believe it or not that was the day my transmission went out on my truck. Completely loaded and got about 5 miles down the road, no warning sign either. Had to drive in low a few miles, get my wife's car, unload and reload, and then we were on our way. My wife brings out the better part of me so I just figured there were a lot of things that could be worse. Ended up having a great time and one rebuilt transmission later my truck was good to go. 

I think my dad used to post on Auburn Eagle, if I think about it.  It was way back, at least 15 years ago. Was it around back then? I vaguely remember going with him and my mom to a tailgate before a game.  He wanted to meet some of the posters he had been talking to.  He was always on the computer.  I guess I take after my dad! 😊

8 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I think my dad used to post on Auburn Eagle, if I think about it.  It was way back, at least 15 years ago. Was it around back then? I vaguely remember going with him and my mom to a tailgate before a game.  He wanted to meet some of the posters he had been talking to.  He was always on the computer.  I guess I take after my dad! 😊

That's interesting. Not sure about 15 years ago myself because I joined in '10 but I seem to remember a time when there was talk about gathering at a tent before a game. I think that would be a fun thing to do at some point. I don't know if I ever really thought I'd be still checking out this site almost 10 years later several times a day. There are some really cool people on here I wouldn't mind meeting if given the chance. 

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Any of these ladies post here?

If so, they're my favorite...

football_jersey_02.jpg

Might replace Cheryl Tiegs as my favorite. 

Hopefully the actual poster is higher res. #megapixels #photography #art #homedecor

18 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Any of these ladies post here?

If so, they're my favorite...

football_jersey_02.jpg

Man I miss the mesh jerseys from the early '70's

Oh sorry, wrong thread. 

14 hours ago, gr82be said:

Me on a camping trip wearing my shirt. Everytime I think about Auburn Eagle I think about AUpops. He was definitely a favorite of mine. 

1569627962844-e569c5f2-9902-4c5c-9545-83085c0e566e.jpg

I wasn't around here til '13 but I've read such glowing things about AUpops, it would have been nice to chat with him.

As for the photo...nice pic sir.  I miss camping.  My wife & I are camping incompatible.  I like cool, Fall weather camping and she thinks we might as well be camping in Antarctica.  Some of my fondest memories are sitting next to a campfire in Ft. Yargo or DeSoto State Park with our 8" b&w TV while trying to fix the antenna periodically....ah, the '80's!

1 hour ago, nixtosanders94 said:

My only brother lives in Japan!  You are one of my "adopted" ones on this site!  Have a blessed Saturday, "nix"!  :yay:

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

I wasn't around here til '13 but I've read such glowing things about AUpops, it would have been nice to chat with him.

As for the photo...nice pic sir.  I miss camping.  My wife & I are camping incompatible.  I like cool, Fall weather camping and she thinks we might as well be camping in Antarctica.  Some of my fondest memories are sitting next to a campfire in Ft. Yargo or DeSoto State Park with our 8" b&w TV while trying to fix the antenna periodically....ah, the '80's!

'72...I told my 2nd graders yesterday that I was a "wimpy camper"...give me flush toilets, showers, and a campfire to cook and I am fine.  I can do with a river or creek to bathe.  I prefer hotels, such a sissy.  But the funniest (now) but not so much then was getting completely washed out  and having no electricity while tent camping (mom, dad, brother) at Buck's Pocket SP...not that far from DeSoto!!  OUR family always arrived after dark at campsites, from the east to the west, because our dear dad indulged his other (non-AU football/prof-ing) love..."junking" along the way from antique mall to antique mall searching for Aladdin lamps.  80's also!

Now fast-forward to his final days on earth.  Having amassed QUITE a collection, my mama finally said, "John, what do you want me to do with your lamps?"  He said, "Sell them to collectors."  And with those generated funds and a newly enacted PACT program for Alabama students, state college of their choice, Mama invested those dollars during her first grandchild's infancy and made this possible:  our dear daughter was able to graduate from Faulkner U last December and is changing lives in "mini me" vein by teaching world geography to middle schoolers where we live.  My mama is a stewardship guru, and we owe her SO VERY MUCH.  And I guess every antique mall stop, even if it meant gathering firewood after dark, was worth it.  

Legacy.  Camping.  Thank you for the memories!!!  My M-F world below...

cover photo, Image may contain: people sitting, table and indoor

8 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

My only brother lives in Japan!  You are one of my "adopted" ones on this site!  Have a blessed Saturday, "nix"!  :yay:

Ok, I'm slow sometimes but this post made me look it up. The first time I saw your name I thought about the war movie Tora, Tora, Tora. Today I look this up and Tora can mean "by surprise" or "tiger". I assume tiger which is really cool, or maybe you were a surprise for your parents. Either way love the name. :)

3 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Ok, I'm slow sometimes but this post made me look it up. The first time I saw your name I thought about the war movie Tora, Tora, Tora. Today I look this up and Tora can mean "by surprise" or "tiger". I assume tiger which is really cool, or maybe you were a surprise for your parents. Either way love the name. :)

You are spot on!  That's exactly why I chose it.  Tora is Japanese for tiger!  Dad's first visit there in the 60's had ripple effects that are still flowing over our family.  I also think I WAS a surprise, because I was born a week after their first wedding anniversary.  Tough times, Daddy finishing grad school at Vanderbilt.  My mama said, when I lamented how hard it must have been on them (because back in the day, if you were teaching in a public school, pregnant, they made you quit before you began to "show"...tough financial straits!)..."Honey, you were the glue that held us together."

But what cracked me up with this message that I received right after joining on Christmas Day in 2010...

"Toragirl - could be wrong but I am 99.93% sure you are my sister...."

(He lurks more than he posts.) :jossun:

40 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

That is an incredible honor! Thank you! I have 3 sisters I adore, one of which is an Auburn gal...one Georgia Dawg...and yes...one bammer...I really  failed with her...oh well, you do your best you know? 

Thanks again sista! 

Archived