Shivers this year

TigerHorn

Seems to have a little more shake to go with his speed. He reminds me some of Lectron in traffic. Lectron got into a crowd and started bouncing around and it just always felt like he was about to come out the other side. Never got to see enough of him, hope we see a lot more of Worm splitting with Tank. 

1 hour ago, TigerHorn said:

Seems to have a little more shake to go with his speed. He reminds me some of Lectron in traffic. Lectron got into a crowd and started bouncing around and it just always felt like he was about to come out the other side. Never got to see enough of him, hope we see a lot more of Worm splitting with Tank. 

dsdf.jpg

I actually have to hand it to Gary yesterday when talking about Shivers when he said "He's not little, he's short". 

He definitely let's the defense know they came in contact with him. He and Tank are my favorite combo since Cadillac and Ronnie. 

Shivers and Tank is a good 1-2 punch. He had a nice catch yesterday too for a few yards. I also see why MAR hasn’t gotten carries yet either. He looked rusty out there. He had a decent punt return though

Shivers is a leader.. runs with heart and all out .. looking to deliver blows.. kid is special would like to see CCM scheme more to get the ball in his hands on passing downs. 

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

I actually have to hand it to Gary yesterday when talking about Shivers when he said "He's not little, he's short". 

I actually got furious because he initially said that Tank inspired the other guys to run hard. I immediately realized I was being *that* fan and then he quickly walked it back and they showed the McKinney soul thievery.

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I actually got furious because he initially said that Tank inspired the other guys to run hard. I immediately realized I was being *that* fan and then he quickly walked it back and they showed the McKinney soul thievery.

Dude, me too... I'm sittin there like, this announcer must not know worm at all :lol: How he get this job? :dunno:

I would like to see him involved in the passing game a little more...Get him in the open field and let him go against secondary folks...LSU dude went limp after the big hit

2 hours ago, Amwest20 said:

He trucked another LSU defender early in the game.  I love watching this guy play!  

Stingley, no less. Worm set the tone right there. 

I'd love to see him get more touches (been saying it for years) he is electric and to be frank he set the tone on the first damn offensive snap when he brought the wood to the LSU defenders. That was a great sign to start the game

I love the way he runs and would like to see him get a few more touches for sure, but Tank is clearly the guy and more touches for someone means less for Tank. That’s simply not going to happen at this stage when we’ve got this momentum with a lot of it directly linked to Tank. I do think there’s an appropriate balance and Worm is certainly deserving of more involvement. I’m cautiously optimistic we are getting this worked out. Everyone benefits from the right mix. 

~16-18 carries for Tank and ~10-12 offensive touches for Shivers should be the targeted distribution IMO Worm is good enough to have earned those touches. Of course game flow/hot hand etc will and should also dictate things but making a defense trying to tackle those guys over the course of the game will be huge advantage for us -- especially if both guys are fresh. The fact both kids run like power backs but have true ability to bust big ones is a major bonus

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

He definitely let's the defense know they came in contact with him. He and Tank are my favorite combo since Cadillac and Ronnie. 

HA. I thought they were going to call HIM for targeting on that one play he lowered his head.

Luckily bc of his height when he lowers his head he is putting it into their chest or lower. :)

He definitely is the energy and the spirit of this offense, and he does contribute. So glad for him.

He does look better with angles this season, using his speed in a much more efficient way. I don't know that Lectron Williams is the comparison I would make, though. Honestly, it's hard for me to pinpoint an Auburn RB that he reminds me of, because I doubt we've had anyone with his kind of speed (with the obvious exception of Bo, who is in a different category) who was a true running back, as opposed to the scatback style of Onterrio McCalebb.

Seriously though, it always excites me for Worm to get the ball. I always think back to that TD run against Bama that got called back, when he got just a little bit behind their last line of defense and then outran everybody to the end zone, DBs trying desperately to catch up with a guy who was just barely out of arm's reach but getting no closer. Every time he touches the ball, he has that capability. Tank has a lot of speed, as well, and a similar running style (the added bulk helps him with making contact, not that Shivers is a slouch in that department), but he doesn't have the elite top end speed Shaun has. They are definitely a formidable 1-2 punch.

13 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

HA. I thought they were going to call HIM for targeting on that one play he lowered his head.

Luckily bc of his height when he lowers his head he is putting it into their chest or lower. :)

He definitely is the energy and the spirit of this offense, and he does contribute. So glad for him.

I thought the same on the targeting too. It wouldn't have surprised any of us. 

Am I the only one that thinks having a set with them both in at the same time could be really dangerous?  Tank has shown really good hands as well and there could be some really neat reads / options with weapons like that.   Heck throw Schwartz or Stove into the mix from split and there are almost too many variables to cover...

6 minutes ago, GoAU said:

Am I the only one that thinks having a set with them both in at the same time could be really dangerous?  Tank has shown really good hands as well and there could be some really neat reads / options with weapons like that.   Heck throw Schwartz or Stove into the mix from split and there are almost too many variables to cover...

I think the best thing to do is having a strong RPO game, where Bo has multiple options both running and passing. You don't have to have both RBs on the field at the same time to keep them guessing like that.

And if you notice, Chad DID use the eye candy fakes to garner some big gains yesterday.

43 minutes ago, GoAU said:

Dyer + OMac, Tre/CAP + Grant... Not sure if this offense lends itself to those same plays or not but Gus has done it before.

Archived