Harsin Lost us this Game

AUght2win

17 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

The entire point of a message board is to do exactly what we’re doing. Talk ball & bich & moan when we want to. Gtfo party pooper

This is correct . Wouldn’t need the places if we were mature lol

23 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Mason lost this..again. Went prevent on that last drive when he hasn’t the ENTIRE game. Literally changed what worked the entire game & went prevent. He lost it

Are you serious. 159 yards of offensive production lost us this game. The defense was the only reason this was a game.Mason deserves a lot of credit tonight. 

• Like 1

Bama o line gave up 7 sacks tonight.  They should fire the line coach.  They botched a snap hold and got their star WR ejected on ST.  Fire the ST coach.   Hell, fire Saban by missing the spread by 18 pts.    We can nitpick a 3rd and 2 call, or why a third string player hasn’t seen any action (especially in the most pressure situation of the whole season) but the bottom line is this was a well-played and coached game overall by AU and if we can increase the talent level, many more options are available in play calling.   AU outplayed Bama tonight but talent usually finds a way to win and that’s what happened in the end. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Fact: TJ Finley had an ankle injury so serious it was actually legitimately hard from him to break the huddle.

Fact: His first two passes after said injury were picked. And a third was nearly picked. His plant foot being so badly damaged made it nearly impossible for him to throw. 

Fact: We have a highly touted freshman QB from Texas that is an excellent runner. Letting him run a basic read would have at least given us a chance. 

So which uninjured QB do we have that’s better than an injured Finley?

Fact: your boy Gus Malzahn never attempted to develop any depth on offense and is largely to blame for this mess.  

Fact: Harsin had already insinuated that DD is not his guy at QB, but you expect him to play anyway.  

Fact: There’s a huge talent gap between Auburn and Bama.  Most of our starters wouldn’t even crack the rotation chart at bama, yet you want them to play against Bama.  

There’s a good reason why Bama was a heavy favorite in this game, and there’s a good reason why they didn’t blow us out. Deal with it!

You must have not gotten the memo that this is a rebuilding year...

Edited by gctiger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Facepalm 1

I really want to understand why at this point in our season we didn't have a better option than Finley on crutches in the 4th quarter.  I thought Bobo was supposed to be a great developer of qbs and yet.... 

159byards of total offense tonight. I'm not a fan of Harsin but seriously can we at least all agree that Bobo has got to go. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 2

Not going to bag on coach harsin for this one but someone described the play calling as pedestrian 

It was extremely pedestrian. Bobo is exceptionally uncreative.. We wanted tank to get the ball a lot and he did in the absolute most uncreative and rarely successful ways possible and I was frustrated by that.. He has got to get some more eye candy on some of these designs.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, gctiger said:

So which uninjured QB do we have that’s better than an injured Finley?

Fact: your boy Gus Malzahn never attempted to develop any depth on offense and is largely to blame for this mess.  

Fact: Harsin had already insinuated that DD is not his guy at QB, but you expect him to play anyway.  

Fact: There’s a huge talent gap between Auburn and Bama.  Most of our starters wouldn’t even crack the rotation chart at bama, yet you want them to play against Bama.  

There’s a good reason why Bama was a heavy favorite in this game, and there’s a good reason why they didn’t blow us out. Deal with it!

You must have not gotten the memo that this is a rebuilding year...

Goodness gracious there's too much wrong with this response to even breakdown. 

So I'll just laugh at the "huge talent gap" comment. Yeah, boy we looked so overwhelmed tonight. Had no business being on the field with those Alabama boys. I bet the whole being-held-to-3-points-for-59-and-a-half-minutes was a big practical joke. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

So I'll just laugh at the "huge talent gap" comment. Yeah, boy we looked so overwhelmed tonight. Had no business being on the field with those Alabama boys. I bet the whole being-held-to-3-points-for-59-and-a-half-minutes was a big practical joke. 

Excellent cop out!  This team played way above their potential and came up 1 break short of a huge win.  It’s ashamed that you and a few others aren’t able to comprehend that!

• Like 2

Harsin is the not reason we were in this game. Mason and the defense was the reason. Harsin is an offensive minded coach who’s offense can’t score, especially in the 2nd half.

Good coaches win games like those, first year or not. Im not trying to hear those excuses 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 2

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

It's certainly a hot and cold feeling.

Amazing Iron bowl that our players played their hearts out and coaches did good for most of the game.

At the same time we're 6-6 with 4 straight losses including to 2 teams that we should have beaten even with our injuries.

Real up and down year for sure.

52 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Mason lost this..again. Went prevent on that last drive when he hasn’t the ENTIRE game. Literally changed what worked the entire game & went prevent. He lost it

I braced myself for a post this bad, but honestly did not believe it would happen. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

I still think we made a mistake with Harsin, but we were prepared to play this game with significant handicaps. Unfortunately with Harsin, adjusting seems as much a problem for him as his predecessor.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Do you drink? Are you the least bit inebriated? I have never seen a more dumber comment than this one. The poster is clearly referring to our offensive deficiencies. It wasn't defense that got Gusto fired, but his inability to recruit offensive lineman, making it very difficult for any QB to perform, without running for his life. That also makes running the football more difficulty. Comprende? Does that not register with you? 

There's no winning with the OP. First it was the lack of drama/headlines, now he's upset over a 2pt multiple OT loss to a team that is wildly more talented than AU.

49 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Whole lot of dumb in this thread...again.

If you saw the thread title and then came in….that’s on you. Hell, it’s only late November 

• Haha 1

And if we would have won, there would have been a hate thread started about “why could we win this game but couldn’t win blah blah blah…” 

Pretty predictable. Oh well, I’ll pull up a chair and warm up around the hate fire. I’m just not gonna bring a log to throw on it. Now, I do have a beer and some boudin.

• Like 3