NC ST QB Devin Leary

Tigerpro2a

2 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I would love to have this kid

We are in his top 3

We will see what happens. Two of the better QB coaches (Freeze and Montgomery) has to be appealing. 

Seems QB interest already rolling in from some big-name transfers. Awesome.

Guy put up absurd stats at Costal Carolina. Would be another huge get at QB

• Like 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

we need him big time.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, DAG said:

we need him big time.

Hoke claiming "he reached out to Hugh, not Hugh to him"

13 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

I wanted Leary until McCall entered the portal.  

Leary has put up stats against much better competition.  If he's healthy, he should be number 1.  McCall would be a decent constellation prize, but I'd be a little hesitant of competition level and the offense they run is a bit quirky mix of triple option & single read passes.  Not sure how that would translate

Edited by W.E.D

I would be extremely happy with Leary, McCall, or Sanders.  All would be a ray of sunshine in the Freeze/Montgomery offense........assuming we get some bulldozers on the LOS.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I thought I read whete he has committed to play their bowl hane. Can you be in the portal and play in old team’s bowl game. Doesn’t sound correct to me.

1 hour ago, roe4christ said:

I would be extremely happy with Leary, McCall, or Sanders.  All would be a ray of sunshine in the Freeze/Montgomery offense........assuming we get some bulldozers on the LOS.

Just think…. Last year there were several very good QBs in the portal, and we lost Bo and got Calzone.   This year we lose Calzone and might be picking up one of those 3!   Things are definitely moving in the right direction!!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Leary has put up stats against much better competition.  If he's healthy, he should be number 1.  McCall would be a decent constellation prize, but I'd be a little hesitant of competition level and the offense they run is a bit quirky mix of triple option & single read passes.  Not sure how that would translate

So, how many stars is he?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Good problem to have. Multiple QBs with talent showing interest in Auburn. Can't say that I've seen that in awhile. Now Auburn needs to pull one of them and build a line to protect whomever.

Edited by Chaotic_zx

3 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

I thought I read whete he has committed to play their bowl hane. Can you be in the portal and play in old team’s bowl game. Doesn’t sound correct to me.

I think so. A guy can stay in school and stay on scholarship after he enters the portal. He hasn't left school so he's otherwise eligible. Were I his coach I might send him packing but that's just me.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if McCall still has two years of eligibility?  I'm guessing Leary and Sanders would have just one year remaining?  Tough decision with other options probably coming. I trust Freeze, Austin, and Montgomery to make the best choice for Auburn.

• Like 1

Correct on Leary and Sanders......1 year.  McCall has 2 years remaining but if he has a good year, I could see him jumping to the league.  Would really depend on how the next year went and whether the 2nd year would improve his draft stock or better prepare him for the next level.  Having said that, it could be that we only need a transfer portal QB for 1 year.  That is enough time to fix Robby and help Holden be better prepared as well.  If we included a QB in this recruiting class, they could have a full redshirt year to learn under Freeze/Montgomery/Austin.  We may really only need a 1 and done to right the ship at QB.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

I think so. A guy can stay in school and stay on scholarship after he enters the portal. He hasn't left school so he's otherwise eligible. Were I his coach I might send him packing but that's just me.

In this case his coach has bolted for another job and is not there to send him packing.  

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

In this case his coach has bolted for another job and is not there to send him packing.  

Somebody is going to be the head coach for their bowl game.

13 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Somebody is going to be the head coach for their bowl game.

Betting the team would want him to play. That is how I would decide. Get team leaders to talk to the rest of the team. Shoukd be a decision for all portalers not just this one.

14 hours ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Just think…. Last year there were several very good QBs in the portal, and we lost Bo and got Calzone.   This year we lose Calzone and might be picking up one of those 3!   Things are definitely moving in the right direction!!!

Agree but we need to get one of them first. Hopefully one announces for AU soon, like this week. 

• Like 1