NC ST QB Devin Leary

Tigerpro2a

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

How do you qualify for Florida if you can’t qualify for Auburn??

They offer his major, we don’t.  Therefore more of his credits will transfer to UF to meet progression towards degree requirements which are NCAA requirements. 

If AU doesn’t offer his degree program then more than likely his 300 and up level courses will not transfer so that is a year and a half worth of college work and losing those would put him behind in progression towards degree requirements for eligibility. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

They offer his major, we don’t.  Therefore more of his credits will transfer to UF to meet progression towards degree requirements which are NCAA requirements. 

If AU doesn’t offer his degree program then more than likely his 300 and up level courses will not transfer so that is a year and a half worth of college work and losing those would put him behind in progression towards degree requirements for eligibility. 

Change our program requirements. It’s just academics. This is a QB we’re talking about.

• Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

13 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Change our program requirements. It’s just academics. This is a QB we’re talking about.

You can’t just add an entire academic major in a couple of weeks for one QB 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dabrasco said:

Been mentioned on here a few times that it is not a grades issue, it is transferable credits.

Correct they offer a sports management major and AU doesn’t. Been a big thorn in our side lately. That major is very popular among athletes.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

It doesn’t work that way in Higher Ed. Academics typically comes first, athletics second. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Correct they offer a sports management major and AU doesn’t. Been a big thorn in our side lately. That major is very popular among athletes.

I think we need to seriously look at this major. If we want to be a big boy football program, we have to offer this degree.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is actually mind boggling that AU doesn’t offer this academic track. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I think we need to seriously look at this major. If we want to be a big boy football program, we have to offer this degree.

20 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

This is actually mind boggling that AU doesn’t offer this academic track. 

Bama doesn’t offer this either.  Its not something every school has so its not like Auburn is some weird outlier.  

Auburn has a grad minor in Sports management that I imagine is often utilized by kinesiology/exercise science grads and business school grads.  Same at Bama, its a grad option only at the main.  

Edited by AEAugirl

29 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

You can’t just add an entire academic major in a couple of weeks for one QB 🤦🏼‍♀️

I’m giving you a badly needed sarcasm detector for Christmas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

It doesn’t work that way in Higher Ed. Academics typically comes first, athletics second. 

Look for your sarcasm detector under the tree next week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GreenTiger said:

I've gone to the same school as some of these players...that train of thought doesn't always apply to all of them, from Auburn's POV lol 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I'd bet half my account Sunisa Lee might've turned in less than 10 assignments all semester. 

Suni is a pretty serious student, and after Paris I would not be surprised to see her back at Auburn to finish her degree, she’s a business marketing major. 

Suni has wanted to attend Auburn since she was in middle school and she’s said many time how important going to college was for her, even when she really doesn’t have to. 

• Like 3

We had a major back in the 80’s called Family and Child Development. About half the football team was in it. Time to bring it back. 😅

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I'd bet half my account Sunisa Lee might've turned in less than 10 assignments all semester. 

She gets a pass. The rules don’t apply to her lol. Gold medal winners call the shots 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Just reading the tea leaves on this I’m going to guess he’s Kentucky bound. No news and new intel STILL on the Auburn side of things which is usually not a good sign. We didn’t even get the immediate post visit high that “sources” usually feed and pump to the Auburn pay sites!! Did the visit not go that well!? Lol 😭😭

ngl I thought he was ours as soon as it leaked he was coming and McCall visit had to be called off. I thought the timing was a big indication that this visit was just a formality. I mean Kentucky!?? They still are fuggin kentucky after all!!! 😤🤬😡 even after a couple of good seasons.

40 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Just reading the tea leaves on this I’m going to guess he’s Kentucky bound. No news and new intel STILL on the Auburn side of things which is usually not a good sign. We didn’t even get the immediate post visit high that “sources” usually feed and pump to the Auburn pay sites!! Did the visit not go that well!? Lol 😭😭

ngl I thought he was ours as soon as it leaked he was coming and McCall visit had to be called off. I thought the timing was a big indication that this visit was just a formality. I mean Kentucky!?? They still are fuggin kentucky after all!!! 😤🤬😡 even after a couple of good seasons.

Unless we match their “substantial offer”. 

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

We had a major back in the 80’s called Family and Child Development. About half the football team was in it. Time to bring it back. 😅

That’s probably what got us on Academic probation. lol

13 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Talk about gullible! Y’all think football players go to “ college” now to get a degree? They can spell NIL and NFL but they can’t spell degree. Come on , guys and gals. Get real!