NC ST QB Devin Leary

Tigerpro2a

35 minutes ago, jluvah said:

Talk about gullible! Y’all think football players go to “ college” now to get a degree? They can spell NIL and NFL but they can’t spell degree. Come on , guys and gals. Get real!

Wait what?  You do realize that one of the NCAA requirements is for athletes to work towards a college degree, right?

Its not being gullible, its reality. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Just reading the tea leaves on this I’m going to guess he’s Kentucky bound. No news and new intel STILL on the Auburn side of things which is usually not a good sign. We didn’t even get the immediate post visit high that “sources” usually feed and pump to the Auburn pay sites!! Did the visit not go that well!? Lol 😭😭

ngl I thought he was ours as soon as it leaked he was coming and McCall visit had to be called off. I thought the timing was a big indication that this visit was just a formality. I mean Kentucky!?? They still are fuggin kentucky after all!!! 😤🤬😡 even after a couple of good seasons.

I figured he would go to UK potentially because they were all in for him. McCall was 100% ours before the snag that occurred with his major. So bizarre.

• Like 1

I think we can win 7-8 games next year even with Robby going thru the Freezing Process. But I want more personally. Wont be upset or mad though if we dont get a homerun portal QB. I just want some improvement at every facet of the game.

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

Wait what?  You do realize that one of the NCAA requirements is for athletes to work towards a college degree, right?

Its not being gullible, its reality. 

This is not to be argumentative- AEAugirl is making the best posts lately. I'm asking a serious question just to see if it simmers down to a yes or a no: is Auburn adhering to rules or parameters that the rest of college football has turned it's back on? I've seen buzz-phrases (ncaa, can't be done over-night, we used to, Florida, Deion got CU to change their's, etc) I'm trying to figure out if it's an Auburn problem. Is it McGlynn? 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I figured he would go to UK potentially because they were all in for him. McCall was 100% ours before the snag that occurred with his major. So bizarre.

He is going there because of the QB coach which is supposedly coming back from coaching at the RAMs.  Also a good NIL deal.  There should be more QBs in the portal that would work.  Some are still practicing and have seasons left.  Still all the way until 18 Jan.  Plenty of time.

46 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Go get Spencer Sanders. Robby isn't the answer.

I honestly don't know if he's better than Robby.  This is his Sr years with 35 starts going into this season

A lot of BAD games.  He was a little better in '21

image.png.417b3dc5d7ddc47766fa04d637adc887.png

Edited by W.E.D

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I honestly don't know if he's better than Robby.  This is his Sr years with 35 starts going into this season

A lot of BAD games.  He was a little better in '21

image.png.417b3dc5d7ddc47766fa04d637adc887.png

...yeah those completion percentages aren't anywhere close to what I would hope they would be.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

This is not to be argumentative- AEAugirl is making the best posts lately. I'm asking a serious question just to see if it simmers down to a yes or a no: is Auburn adhering to rules or parameters that the rest of college football has turned it's back on? I've seen buzz-phrases (ncaa, can't be done over-night, we used to, Florida, Deion got CU to change their's, etc) I'm trying to figure out if it's an Auburn problem. Is it McGlynn? 

Personal opinion: it’s likely an AU problem. The way you can tell is whatever school takes McCall, if he’s deemed eligible and plays and that team doesn’t get in trouble. I guess we wont know for a while. 

Edited by Gowebb11

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

Personal opinion: it’s likely an AU problem. The way you can tell is whatever school takes McCall, if he’s deemed eligible and plays and that team doesn’t get in trouble. I guess we wont know for a while. 

It's tough being the Harvard of the South.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

How do you qualify for Florida if you can’t qualify for Auburn??

Your don't.

I would guess that "he couldn't qualify at Auburn" is a flat out lie to save face for the fact that he isn't coming.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Topher 1310 said:

Your don't.

I would guess that "he couldn't qualify at Auburn" is a flat out lie to save face for the fact that he isn't coming.

Our QB situation looks worse than it did last year. 

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

It's tough being the Harvard of the South.

We’re the new public Ivy. I’m glad I was there in the 80s. Not sure I could graduate with today’s standards. 😅

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Topher 1310 said:

Your don't.

I said the same thing… but I was wrong. Go read the McCall thread. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Old fan 47 said:

Our QB situation looks worse than it did last year. 

Well first of all you have to give it time. There are others that will come aboard. 
also this:

Finley (who we all knew was bad)

Calzada who we knew was hurt going into the season and never played 

RA who had not played any real football in years 

HG true freshman 

That was about as bad as it gets. 

How about yall whiners go put the pads on and show them what they are missing out on since yall know everything about QB's and qualifying. 

Everyone is doing the best they can in crunch time. And in a short time. If you guys don't think the Admission department doesnt hear about this all the time then you're an idiot. 

Rant over. Carry on. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Topher 1310 said:

Your don't.

Do you people not understand there is a massive difference between football players transferring/being admitted to a school and the normal population of kids?

It has nothing to do with UF vs AU academic standings & UF being a better school than Auburn.  It's specifically major related.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AUnCullman said:

How about yall whiners go put the pads on and show them what they are missing out

Thank you for making the dumbest post possible 

• Haha 3

Just now, DAG said:

It will be okay everyone. I imagine if Leary doesn't head this way, we will go after Sanders.

His game logs are horrendous.  I think Ashford might be better than him.