NC ST QB Devin Leary

Tigerpro2a

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yeah we all know how I felt about GM but that shipped as sail. I think he fits better in the prototypical freeze offense but the more I watch highlights DL can make every type of throw. We get him and a quality line, WATCH OUT.

I was watching his highlights and there was a throw that really impressed me...it was a backshoulder fade in the endzone...he placed the ball perfectly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AU Is Gold said:

Would have liked McCall over Leary just for the extra year of eligibility. 

Don't think that matters one bit. McCall is not leaving for multiple years...he is looking for a one year stop IMO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Yeah we all know how I felt about GM but that shipped as sail. I think he fits better in the prototypical freeze offense but the more I watch highlights DL can make every type of throw. We get him and a quality line, WATCH OUT.

Here is the throw I was talking in about in my response to this. This is a big time play by DL. Hangs in the pocket....goes through his progressions...and delivers and absolute DIME

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, DAG said:

No I have seen more than enough of GM as a Wisconsin resident lol.

Are you in Wisconsin because work took you there or are you a native of Wisconsin? Also, how are the Badger fans feeling about the Luke Fickel hire?

29 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Are you in Wisconsin because work took you there or are you a native of Wisconsin? Also, how are the Badger fans feeling about the Luke Fickel hire?

I’ve been in wisconsin because of work the last 8 years or so. It wasn’t great at first because every one wanted Jim. You know the homegrown , all time wisconsin boy. Not to mention , he is a great defensive coordinator . When he left people were equally upset , however , people are slowly coming Around.

A lot of folks wanted Coach Rhule.

Edited by DAG
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Did we lose Leary to UK?

Screenshot_20221218_115740_Bromite_1.thumb.jpg.eb8e5020a8ee7c38e00e3a87fb250228.jpg

No, he only has 1 CB and that was from a UK homer right after his visit there.  Hasn’t committed to anyone yet. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

No, he only has 1 CB and that was from a UK homer right after his visit there.  Hasn’t committed to anyone yet. 

I couldn't remember seeing the UK symbol and CB percentage there last time I looked at the rankings and panicked.

26 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

I couldn't remember seeing the UK symbol and CB percentage there last time I looked at the rankings and panicked.

That screen print says it was updated today 2 hours ago…which would not be good for us 

Edited by gr82b4au
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

That screen print says it was updated today 2 hours ago…which would not be good for us 

He has 2 CBs from this past week, both from UK writers before he came to Auburn. 

The “update” is the portal as a whole.  It updates periodically.  

446CB0DD-10A3-4E69-A11D-000E57C6D802.jpeg

10 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

He has 2 CBs from this past week, both from UK writers before he came to Auburn. 

The “update” is the portal as a whole.  It updates periodically.  

446CB0DD-10A3-4E69-A11D-000E57C6D802.jpeg

Thanks !

2 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

If UK is our biggest competitor, I like our chances.  

We need to get some of the portal linemen committed.  Leary wants to improve his draft stock and right now I am sure our line is a big concern.  Kentucky, not so much. 

4 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

If UK is our biggest competitor, I like our chances.  

Maybe, but a lot is different now. UKs sales pitch is the tremendous success of Will Levis and the return of their OC Liam Cohen from the portal. Plus they have a more positive track record with O linemen recently. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 1

On 12/17/2022 at 12:53 PM, AU Is Gold said:

Would have liked McCall over Leary just for the extra year of eligibility. 

Pointless 

Neither will play beyond 1 year

17 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Maybe, but a lot is different now. UKs sales pitch is the tremendous success of Will Levis and the return of their OC Liam Cohen from the portal. Plus they have a more positive track record with O linemen recently. 

Levis really didn’t have that great of a season. 2.4k yards with 19 tds and 10 ints. They lost to vandy at home and their offense was not that good all season.

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Levis really didn’t have that great of a season. 2.4k yards with 19 tds and 10 ints. They lost to vandy at home and their offense was not that good all season.

I agree. But he’s going to be a high NFL draft pick. That’s what matters most to the majority of these recruits. 

26 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I agree. But he’s going to be a high NFL draft pick. That’s what matters most to the majority of these recruits. 

That is what should matter to these recruits!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Most of the articles I read blame his lack of production on "a porous offensive line, and young, inexperienced wide receivers"

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ertrader said:

Most of the articles I read blame his lack of production on "a porous offensive line, and young, inexperienced wide receivers"

That sounds familiar...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Levis really didn’t have that great of a season. 2.4k yards with 19 tds and 10 ints.

Unfortunately, if we are going off of last season, he might be better served in Lexington.

Or, take a gamble here and be a hero with an entirely new O lineup.

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

2022 was the one-year gap without the OC that did well with them.  This was 2021 numbers, when he had Cohen as OC.  Better yardage and TDs but about the same regarding TD to INT ratio.  Just adding some context.

233 353 66.0 2,826 8.0 24 TD 13 INT 79 148.3
  • Thanks 1