NC ST QB Devin Leary

Tigerpro2a

Just now, W.E.D said:

His game logs are horrendous.  I think Ashford might be better than him.

I thought you said the other day he was a step up for who we had? I know E was telling me we would go after him potentially and I felt like he was far away from the top two.

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

I thought you said the other day he was a step up for who we had? I know E was telling me we would go after him potentially and I felt like he was far away from the top two.

I probably did.  I think I've changed my view on him a little.  He just looks really inaccurate with decent running ability.  Ashford is really inaccurate with great running ability, but hasn't started 45+ games.  So maybe there is more growth possible, IDK.

I'm not sure what we do.  We need a QB if we want to land some skill guys.  Shocked the FIU TE committed w/out any OL/QB committing with him.  Coastal kid screwed us a good bit.

Maybe the Tulsa QB as a stop gap/back up plan if we can't build up Ashford?

Brennan Armstrong (UVA) was really good in '21, but terrible in '20/'22.

Hudson Card?  At least seems accurate.

• Like 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

I probably did.  I think I've changed my view on him a little.  He just looks really inaccurate with decent running ability.  Ashford is really inaccurate with great running ability, but hasn't started 45+ games.  So maybe there is more growth possible, IDK.

I'm not sure what we do.  We need a QB if we want to land some skill guys.  Shocked the FIU TE committed w/out any OL/QB committing with him.  Coastal kid screwed us a good bit.

Maybe the Tulsa QB as a stop gap/back up plan if we can't build up Ashford?

Brennan Armstrong (UVA) was really good in '21, but terrible in '20/'22.

Hudson Card?  At least seems accurate.

I almost wish we pushed for McCall and get him situated class wise to go by fall. It seems CC screwed him. Doesn't seem like any place will be able to easily handle his transfer status.

43 minutes ago, Topher 1310 said:

Your don't.

I would guess that "he couldn't qualify at Auburn" is a flat out lie to save face for the fact that he isn't coming.

UF apparently has his major.  We don’t.  Not every school offers every program in existence.

McCall should be heading into his senior year.  He is taking 300 and probably 400 level classes.  

The NCAA requires that at each new classification (ie Soph, Jr, Sr, etc) that you complete a minimum % of course credits towards your degree. 

So if AU does not offer that degree program, then more than likely his 300 and up level classes will not transfer thus affecting his progression towards degree required by the NCAA.  

In essence, he’d be starting back as a sophomore which is fine academically but makes him ineligible athletically.

This has been explained ad nauseum and some of you still don’t get it.  

• Like 6

14 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Suni is a pretty serious student, and after Paris I would not be surprised to see her back at Auburn to finish her degree, she’s a business marketing major. 

Suni has wanted to attend Auburn since she was in middle school and she’s said many time how important going to college was for her, even when she really doesn’t have to. 

...Right! 

Chill out peeps... other QB will enter the portal over the next couple weeks. If we just go get someone now for the sake of getting someone now , we could miss on a bigger prize. Then cats on here would be hollering why can't we get so and so who is just so much better than the QB we settled for. Trust Danny Hugh ...

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Well first of all you have to give it time. There are others that will come aboard. 
also this:

Finley (who we all knew was bad)

Calzada who we knew was hurt going into the season and never played 

RA who had not played any real football in years 

HG true freshman 

That was about as bad as it gets. 

See your point. It does seem to me that HG is getting no mentions. Just guessing since we lost out on the best portal QB’s, is Freeze going to roll w RA as his starter in year 1? Just seems to be trending that way. 

3 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

See your point. It does seem to me that HG is getting no mentions. Just guessing since we lost out on the best portal QB’s, is Freeze going to roll w RA as his starter in year 1? Just seems to be trending that way. 

Nope

4 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Nope.

Not sure what the "Nope" was supposed to mean but....Leary officially committed to UK.  Everyone and their brother are predicting McCall to UF--either way it won't be Auburn.  So unless another big name QB jumps in the portal...

Yep.

• Facepalm 1

12 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Just for reference.  Caleb Williams entered the portal on Jan 4th, 2022.... just sayin... The big 🐟 are still swimming. Be patient

There is of course time for someone else to jump in the portal but Caleb Williams may not be the best example unless there's a big fish QB with a coaching change.  Lincoln left in November, Brent hired in December.  Caleb waited to see the new coaching staff but he was always a lean to follow Riley.  I'd love for a Caleb Williams-type player to jump in now, though!

19 minutes ago, Duder said:

There is of course time for someone else to jump in the portal but Caleb Williams may not be the best example unless there's a big fish QB with a coaching change.  Lincoln left in November, Brent hired in December.  Caleb waited to see the new coaching staff but he was always a lean to follow Riley.  I'd love for a Caleb Williams-type player to jump in now, though!

You get the point though, right?

28 minutes ago, Duder said:

Not sure what the "Nope" was supposed to mean but....Leary officially committed to UK.  Everyone and their brother are predicting McCall to UF--either way it won't be Auburn.  So unless another big name QB jumps in the portal...

Yep.

The nope was to the OP alluding to us not getting a QB in the portal and RA trending to being the starter. 

10 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

The nope was to the OP alluding to us not getting a QB in the portal and RA trending to being the starter. 

I do get the point of the previous post.

The "Nope" I'm referring to is from aucanucktiger above when I said Leary to UK (now confirmed), McCall to UF (likely) so unless another big QB jumps in the portal, Robby is our guy.  His response was just "Nope."  I'm clueless on it haha

3 hours ago, Duder said:

Yep.

We didn’t miss on McCall. He would he committed to AU already. Just really unfortunate circumstances.

5 hours ago, Duder said:

Lol. Maybe there will be one in the next ten years. 

6 hours ago, Duder said:

Yep.

Yeah, the nope is an odd answer. It’s a good point about Caleb, but no big time program appears to be losing a top caliber QB. We lost out on the top two QB’s that are currently in the portal. Caleb Willians followed his coach to USC. It appears HF is flipping decent players, but as for QB, I’m a bit worried, even with a potentially much improved OL. 

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

We didn’t miss on McCall. He would he committed to AU already. Just really unfortunate circumstances.

A miss is a miss regardless of the reason.  We didn't have his major but we still don't get him and Florida likely will.