Did we turn a corner today?

ScotsAU

21 hours ago, AUApostle said:

Speaking of high school offenses…you-know-who was up 35-10 on Baylor’s 26 yard line with 16 minutes left in the game, and lost.

Suppose he broke the 17 straight runs to RT record?

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

The running game looked pretty decent.  

They running game has been mostly fine all year.  Cal would've been fine if it wasn't for the 4 fumbles. 

It makes our passing game even more confusing.  How are we soooooo bad?

Just now, W.E.D said:

They running game has been mostly fine all year.  Cal would've been fine if it wasn't for the 4 fumbles. 

It makes our passing game even more confusing.  How are we soooooo bad?

Pass blocking harder than run blocking.

RB talent is better than WR talent.

QB didn't have spring training to get timing with receivers 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Pass blocking harder than run blocking.

RB talent is better than WR talent.

QB didn't have spring training to get timing with receivers 

We need you to write up three paragraphs on each of those points.

These types of responses are not allowed to be salient.

But here you are, short and correctly to the point!

• Haha 1

No.  GA isn't as good as they have been that is for sure.

You will know when we turn the corner.  We don't have a chance with our passing routes and game plan so far.  When we start making teams pay for blitzing LBers by throwing the ball over the middle of the field you will know we have at least started around the corner.  No slants, no TE drags and no crossing routes to take advantage of the center of the field.  The OL can't block as many as they are sending yet we don't make them pay by using hot routes to where the LBers vacated.  GUS 2.0 so far.  Hard to win throwing outside the hashes every throw.  We may beat bama throwing across the middle, but lose 5 games just to win one. 

49 minutes ago, KillenTime said:

No.  GA isn't as good as they have been that is for sure.

You will know when we turn the corner.  We don't have a chance with our passing routes and game plan so far.  When we start making teams pay for blitzing LBers by throwing the ball over the middle of the field you will know we have at least started around the corner.  No slants, no TE drags and no crossing routes to take advantage of the center of the field.  The OL can't block as many as they are sending yet we don't make them pay by using hot routes to where the LBers vacated.  GUS 2.0 so far.  Hard to win throwing outside the hashes every throw.  We may beat bama throwing across the middle, but lose 5 games just to win one. 

Eh if they can score on Bama’s D no matter what the gameplan, that translates very well to anyone else imo. Alabama’s defense was worn down and beaten by Texas eventually, but between both UGA and them, I think McKinstry has to be the absolute best CB between both sides. Now, I think Arnold may be the worst lol. He got cooked vs UT

Point being, I think the units are actually pretty comparable. That pass rush for UA heated up vs Ole Miss, who feels like they were a pretty similar unit to us with their receiver injuries and stellar RBs. Dart is just better at throwing than Thorne lol

41 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Eh if they can score on Bama’s D no matter what the gameplan, that translates very well to anyone else imo. Alabama’s defense was worn down and beaten by Texas eventually, but between both UGA and them, I think McKinstry has to be the absolute best CB between both sides. Now, I think Arnold may be the worst lol. He got cooked vs UT

Point being, I think the units are actually pretty comparable. That pass rush for UA heated up vs Ole Miss, who feels like they were a pretty similar unit to us with their receiver injuries and stellar RBs. Dart is just better at throwing than Thorne lol

If he is like Gus (which is looking more and more) he will only use the game plan against bama.  He will continue not to use the middle of the field the whole season and lose 5 games and then try to surprise bama by using the middle of the field.  It may work and we may win, but we will still be in the birmingham bowl.  We need to start using the middle of the field immediately and take our chances.  At some point you have to run crossing routes, drags or slants to keep the LBers honest.  Or, we can keep running fades to side line and try to get 50/50 balls with 6 foot receivers then complain because they can't catch.  Our coaches have to give our team a chance by using the middle of the field.  Just my opinion.  

On 10/1/2023 at 7:53 AM, bigbird said:

It's incredibly inexplicable.  Without the 22 I can't say who's to blame or what's happening but man, it's ridiculous how bad we are in the most important aspect of today's game. 

I'll explain it to you. It comes down to the last two head coaches, I mean clowns we had as head coach. One couldn't recruit the overall personnel this team needed....and the other wouldn't. But every Auburn fan knows how the football team was left to burn.

It's going to take recruiting, recruiting, and, oh yeah, recruiting. But as someone posted earlier we now have a coaching staff that will do it's darndest to bring AU back. :wareagle:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1