Hank Brown

TexasTiger

• Like 1

Brown could be the guy but jumping to some of the conclusions that I am seeing after seeing only 9 pass attempts is really alarming.  He faced a basic defense of back ups the last 7 minutes of a blow out bowl game where the other team was making sure every guy on the roster that suited up got some snaps.  It is great that he played well, it really is but I personally have not seen remotely close to enough to anoint him the something more than he did well in clean up duty.  How quickly some forget Jeremy Johnson.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

Brown could be the guy but jumping to some of the conclusions that I am seeing after seeing only 9 pass attempts is really alarming.  He faced a basic defense of back ups the last 7 minutes of a blow out bowl game where the other team was making sure every guy on the roster that suited up got some snaps.  It is great that he played well, it really is but I personally have not seen remotely close to enough to anoint him the something more than he did well in clean up duty.  How quickly some forget Jeremy Johnson.

I agree with you. It felt great to see a QB throw accurate passes to WR & TE's all over the field. Something we have not seen all year. BUT, it was against reserves with absolutely no pressure on him.  It's a bit different when the game is 0-0 and all the pressure is still on you and the 1st string defense from the other team is trying to kill you on every play.  The best we can hope for is that Hank & WW coming in compete for the job next year & 1 or both of them can play as well as Hank did Saturday against our 1st string defense in practice & then carry it into the actual games next season, or that by some miracle we get a Portal QB that is already proven.      I just wish all the gloom & doom posters would quit with the we're only gonna have Cam & Perry for 1 year before they transfer out.  Ridiculous!!!

• Like 1

We're not focusing on the right thing, I've made quite a few calls on here on both the football and basketball side.

If this pans out will I finally get my respect and finally be made a mod and get my insider registration card?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

We're not focusing on the right thing, I've made quite a few calls on here on both the football and basketball side.

If this pans out will I finally get my respect and finally be made a mod and get my insider registration card?

UUUUUUUUH  NOOOOOOOO

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Have had my respect for a long time, learned tons in the basketball forum from possibly even the Lebo era.  By far the basketball expert on this forum!

5 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

UUUUUUUUH  NOOOOOOOO

Haters do what they do!

3 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Have had my respect for a long time, learned tons in the basketball forum from possibly even the Lebo era.  By far the basketball expert on this forum!

Oh man thank you so much! I wrote that to hopefully make a few people chuckle, I didn't expect to hear anything like this. I appreciate you taking time out to read anything I'd have to say. Much appreciated man, I'm pretty humbled by that. Thank you, you made my day.

It may have been against scrubs, but Hank looked really good. The moment wasn't too big.

And now he has a year under his belt. I really hope he can earn the starting QB spot next year. Feels like the team is more excited about him as well. That energy difference is HUGE. And he still has a few years to play. 

If Thorne was lighting it up, it'd be different. But I think we need to start looking to the future. 

I hope Walker White can make a push as well. 

This is all in my expert opinion as an arm-chair coach, of course. 

4 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

It may have been against scrubs, but Hank looked really good. The moment wasn't too big.

And now he has a year under his belt. I really hope he can earn the starting QB spot next year. Feels like the team is more excited about him as well. That energy difference is HUGE. And he still has a few years to play. 

If Thorne was lighting it up, it'd be different. But I think we need to start looking to the future. 

I hope Walker White can make a push as well. 

This is all in my expert opinion as an arm-chair coach, of course. 

Don’t remember him running any? Freeze’s system has to have DTQB.

I’d like to see Brown put on some weight but he (and every other QB on the roster) deserves a shot this Spring. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

No

• Angry 1

46 minutes ago, woodford said:

I’d like to see Brown put on some weight but he (and every other QB on the roster) deserves a shot this Spring. 

Last I saw Hank had put on about 15 pounds ish.   That was months ago.     At  6'4"  has lots of room to gain some muscle.   In the interview I saw he eating right and working out hard.   I think he will be around  220 lbs  or more by the start of 2 a days.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

No

You haters will never win

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

And yet, he pursued Brown who’s pro-style.

30 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Peculiar!!!

Brown was very athletic when I watched him in high school. Wouldn't call him dual threat but if he's put on muscle he could be used to move the chains

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Brown was very athletic when I watched him in high school. Wouldn't call him dual threat but if he's put on muscle he could be used to move the chains

I saw a flea flicker where he caught a pass and ran pretty well. The highlight film I saw didn’t have any runs.

On 1/2/2024 at 9:33 AM, Hank2020 said:

I thought that HF wasn't coaching the offense, just observing.  lol  He shouldn't try to make a non-DTQB like PT become one.  That was the problem and trying to do so backfired.  Coach to the player's strengths instead.  Could have had a lot more passing yardage out of PT had PM done so.

35 minutes ago, woodford said:

Ready to see him in the Spring Game

Yes, I know it’s January 5th, leave me alone. 

I am not saying he will start, but he just looked natural in the pocket. People get caught star gazing and over look him.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, DAG said:

I am not saying he will start, but he just looked natural in the pocket. People get caught star gazing and over look him.

All I do is look at the performance on the field personally. Don't care what they look like, ratings are, reputation, none of that.

I will admit that I can get a little hype when certain physical traits exists, like Hank has a strong arm, and he plays QB so I do think wow if he gets going this can POTENTIALLY be special.

That's what made me call for him when nobody else was even mentioning his name. Even though I haven't seen him here, I know what I've been seeing and it's no way he wouldn't be competing with that....

I think him being on scout team may have helped him. He may have learned to produce and it doesn't matter the talent around him..... All he knows is he needs to produce. Not being offered excuses may have strengthen his resolve.

I'm excited for him, if for nothing else the hope that what if we have a gun slinger that nobody saw coming. That would be AMAZING.

• Like 6

I I think Hank has alot of potential. He may be the best QB on the roster. The sample size is small. 

We gotta be realistic.  If we are pinning our hopes next year on a Freshman QB who has thrown 9 passes. We gone be in for a long year. You need Trevor Lawrence type ability to be successful in that scenario.  

Edited by NWALA Tiger

Are we talking about Dark Horse Heisman Candidate Hank Brown?

• Like 1

Would PT have made the throws Hank made in the fourth quarter if he had remained in the game?  I don't see that happening.