Official A-Day Thread

2 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Probably what Thorne was referring to this week when he said the coaches "simplified things".

Sounds like we're in for another 6-win season.

Spring ball is always such a great Indicator👍

11 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

This team is still so bad on offense. 

Didn’t get to watch, but judging by comments, our O must look really bad. If the O turns out to be as bad as it has the last four years, how long does leadership continue to stick with our third supposed elite O guy as HC? I’ve seen nothing or better yet heard nothing from HF to make me believe he is any better than BH, outside of recruiting, which the studs here now, will be one and done. Maybe our D is very good, but that’s been the case under our last two coaches as well. As I stated, I wasn’t able to watch, but nothing on O sounds very promising. Of course HF will blame his new OC and just about everyone else. 

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, shabby said:

Has been for the past few seasons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

^Not trying to overreact but our O is still just so boring and stagnant. This is without a top tier D line running after it.

i just don’t see us doing a whole lot this year. Got to keep recruiting. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Just now, passthebiscuits said:

^Not trying to overreact but our O is still just so boring and stagnant. This is without a top tier D line running after it.

i just don’t see us doing a whole lot this year. Got to keep recruiting. 

We'll see if we can run through ball come the fall. Offense looks much more efficient when you can pick up 4,or 5 yards when you need to. 

Spring game is never, zero, zip, nadda an indicator of how the team will play in the fall.

cam newton looked very very pedestrian in the spring game and the team looked very average.  Won a natty.

we may be way better - or worse - than today.

• Like 5

Just now, mustache eagle said:

Spring game is never, zero, zip, nadda an indicator of how the team will play in the fall.

cam newton looked very very pedestrian in the spring game and the team looked very average.  Won a natty.

Granted. I usually just look for the littel things. Kinda concerned about the lack of push by the first team O line. That may just be that Hugh wasn't exactly loading up to run it either. 

4 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Is too early for a kicker controversy!? 

this kid is real deal 

Embarrassment of riches at the K position. McPherson made every kick last season! If healthy, he has to be 1 on the depth chart.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

I do remember thinking after seeing Newton and the team that Spring that we were in for a bad season.

Regarding that 2010 ADay, I remember thinking when they let Cam throw to the 1st string WRs this offense is going to be fun.  The slow walk-on WRs couldn’t handle his hot throws.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, TigerTennis80 said:

The ending actually was fun. What a kick!  :)

Can you elaborate those who couldn’t watch? Much appreciated. 

Well I’m not going to overreact, but I was pleasantly surprised by our performance. Defense dominated the first half and made some incredible plays with the ball in the air. Offense showed what it was supposed to show. Per Hugh Freeze, they didn’t work much on running the ball or redzone offense during the spring. They know what our running backs can do. So, the focus was on installing the RPO game and getting the QBs comfortable making reads. I think they did a pretty decent job of that. It is also important to remember that 2 TDs were basically taken off the scoreboard and changed to field goals. Brown threw what would’ve been a touchdown pass if the QBs had been live. But the refs signaled him as “down” before the pass was thrown. We also had first and goal from the 2 after a PI call, and the coaches wanted the ball backed up anyway to work on something specific. If not for that, three of our QBs would’ve had scores. I have a lot of confidence in our kicking game though. 

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, shabby said:

It was pretty accurate last spring..😂

Edited by Swamp Eagle
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Can you elaborate those who couldn’t watch? Much appreciated. 

Those watching didn’t see it, either.😎

Freaking ESPN camera work missed the 58 yarder by McGough to end the scrimmage.

• Haha 1