SEC QB's...

iam4LSU08

You have JaMarcus Russell of LSU , Chris Leak of UF , Brandon Cox of AU , John Parker Wilson of Bama , Erik Ainge of Tenn , Blake Mitchell of SC , Raphael Little of UK, Casey Dick of Ark , Joe Tereshinski of UGA , Brent Schaeffer of Ole Miss , Omarr Conner of MSU , and Chris Nickson of Vandy.

Where do you rank these guys?

Brandon Cox auburn

Chris Leak Florida

Jamarcus Russell Lsu

Erik Ainge Tenn

Blake Mitchell USC

Rapheal Little UK

Omar Connor MSu

Brent Schaeffer UM

Chris Nickson Vandy

Casey Dick Ark

Joe Tereshinski UGA

Sarah Jessica Parker Wilson UA

1. Leak

2. Cox

3. Russell

4. Ainge

5. Mitchell

(Below here, I really don't like any of them. I think these 5 guys have proven track records. In reality, this is not a strong group of quarterbacks by SEC standards. Mitchell Ainge and Cox lack a big arm but have leadership and poise. Russell lacks leadership and poise, and may in fact, at least if I were the coach, not be the starter for LSU. Leak is clearly the most talented. The fans at UF flipped on him last year, but he is incredibly accurate with a strong arm. He does not overreact and is willing to take a hit. Many may not like him, I think he is solid and will be 1 of 2 or 3 out of this group to make an NFL roster)

6. Dick

7. Tereshinski

8. Wilson

9. Schaeffer

10. Nickson

11. Conner

12. Little

Take Joe T off and put in Matt Stafford

Joe T will start the 1st game but wont even last till South Carolina

I hope he does but everyone and their mother knows Stafford is our man in 2006.

1A. Brandon Cox

1B. J. Russell

Both have shown what they can but have made typical young mistakes last season.

3. Chris Leak, never been real impressed by him yes he is a good athlete but not a great QB.

4. Casy Dick was a real spark for the hogs late in the season

5. Blake Mitchell

5. Erik Ainge

6. JPW, Joe T, only because UGA and UAT seem to bring a decent qb most seasons.

7. Omarr Conner is just plain bad but gets ahead of the rest of the pack by default experience.

8-10

Little, Schaeffer, Nickson. All bad with little or no experience go take your pick at the numbers.

Chris Leak

Brandon Cox/Russell

Blake Mitchell

Ainge (I believe he'll be much improved, he has the skills... just not consistent)

Schaeffer

Dick

Jessica Parker Wilson

Tereshinski

Nickson

Conner

Little

jim bob was suspended indefinitely from the vols by coach fulmer a couple of weeks ago. broke some team rules. no news if he'll be back or not.

Matt Flynn might be the best QB in the SEC and is the best at LSU. Jamarcus R. can throw a mean screen pass out in the flats though.

Matt Flynn might be the best QB in the SEC and is the best at LSU.  Jamarcus R. can throw a mean screen pass out in the flats though.

240616[/snapback]

I'd like to see some films of that formation(s) and movements before the snap. If we can intercept it, snuff that trick for the rest of the game.

jim bob was suspended indefinitely from the vols by coach fulmer a couple of weeks ago.  broke some team rules.  no news if he'll be back or not.

240613[/snapback]

That sucks I was hoping :arky: Dick vs :ut: Cooter.

jim bob was suspended indefinitely from the vols by coach fulmer a couple of weeks ago.  broke some team rules.  no news if he'll be back or not.

240613[/snapback]

240634[/snapback]

That would have been a nice matchup. I was hoping last season we could have seen Dick vs Bush (USC), but Dick wasn't ready to play. :angry:

Thank God I haven't experienced the same problem in Auburn :cheer: unfortunately Bush only plays on the weekends <_<

What about Jim Bob Cooter from  :ut: .  I think he is a star in the making.

240610[/snapback]

:lol: My sister-in-law went out on a couple of dates with him when she was a freshman at UT a couple of years ago. I gave her such a hard time about his name. That was the only time I had heard of the guy until now.

240613[/snapback]

240634[/snapback]

Reminds me of my prom night :big:

Guest Tigrinum Major

I agree with Tim, JaMarcus isn't even the best QB on LSU. In fact, he might be third by the end of the year.

I'll give Russell his credit. He may be dumb as a brick, but he's definitely clutch when it comes to it.

A few random comments:

1. He may not be the most talented, but give me B Cox over any of these guys any day of the week and twice on . . . Saturdays . . .

2. Not counting the freshmen (i.e., Mustain, Stafford, etc.), most talented is whichever of M Flynn and J Russell comes out ahead at LSU . . . Then again, isn't it time for R Perriloux (sp?) to pick up his (second) Heisman . . .? :)

3. Leak has put up pretty impressive numbers for three years, but not in the big games. (For the record, I don't consider the win over reeling FSU last year a "big game," and my recall is that he hasn't contributed much to with two wins over UGA.) He certainly has the talent to make me eat crow this year, but unless UF (finally?) lives up to the hype, in my mind, he's one of the more overrated players to come along in the SEC in a while.

4. Not that anybody cares about UK football (UK fans included), but isn't Raphael Little a RB? (AU fans should know, as our hapless Gibbs-led defenders spent a good part of a Nov Saturday chasing him all over Lexington.) Isn't Woodson their QB?

5. This may have been addressed in a prior thread, but last week (I think) ESPN listed its top 20 QBs nationally. Leak? Check. Russell? Check. Cox? Not so much. My reply: See #1. B)

War Eagle!!

You guys that put Eric Ainge in the top 5 must have been watching a different QB than me the last few years. He may want to consider his BB carreer.

Tier 1: Cox and Leak

Tier 2: Blake Mitchell, Flynn and Russell.

The rest

There may be a couple of up-and-comers that make a run, but experience will keep them from breaking through in 2006.

Matt Flynn might be the best QB in the SEC and is the best at LSU.  Jamarcus R. can throw a mean screen pass out in the flats though.

240616[/snapback]

Wishbone, you obviously haven't watched Jamarcus play college ball. Of course, you watched him high school, right? Talking football with you is like talking to you about the ladies: you know nothing about either. Stick to something you know, like dungeons & dragons and binge-drinking.

Why don't you make another AU-LSU bold prediction this year? Last year, you predicted that Trey Smith would rush for 200+ yards. Granted, an Auburn back did rush for 200+ yards, but I'd say you were a bit off.

1. :au: Brandon Cox

2. Chris Leak

3. Erik Ainge

4. :lsu: Jamarcus Russell

5. Blake Mitchell

6. Rapheal Little

7. Chris Nickson

8. Omar Connor

9. Brent Schaeffer

10. :ua: John Parker Wilson

11. Casey Dick

12. Joe Tereshinski

Brandon Cox Auburn

Chris Leak Florida

Jamarcus Russell LSU

Blake Mitchell USC

Erik Ainge Tenn

Omar Connor MSU

Matt Stafford UGA

Brent Schaeffer UM

Rapheal Little UK

Chris Nickson Vandy

Casey Dick Ark

John Parker Wilson UA

What about Jim Bob Cooter from  :ut: .  I think he is a star in the making.

240610[/snapback]

i cant wait for Smelley and Cooter to face off in the :ut: vs :usc: future

btw is Tereshinski any good, i dont know anything about him

1. Leak

2. Russell

3. Cox

4. Mitchell

5. Wilson

6. Schaeffer

7. Ainge

8. Dick

9. Nickson