Frontrunner for coach

austudnt23

4 hours ago, Win4AU said:

He’s probably tired of repping the creepy tiger image.jpeg

Look at those pin wheel eyes.  He's on the crystal meth.  I don't want to see Aubie end up like this.

• Haha 4

I'd love to have Dabo at AU because he's an accomplished coach, plus I'd love to see the meltdown in Tuscaloosa.  The Updykes have been eyeing Dabo as Saban's replacement from day one. The Bama fans hate of Dabo would make AU fans love him even more, plus the Iron Bowl would have an even better twist to it every year.  The blow to the Updyes ego would take decades to overcome.

If dreams do come true, then hire Dabo !

#bethedevil

Edited by Elephant Tipper
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

17 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Look at those pin wheel eyes.  He's on the crystal meth.  I don't want to see Aubie end up like this.

He's known as 8-ball in certain interweb circles for a reason

• Like 1

I could see Dabo pulling a Harsin.
Doesn’t like NIL or the portal so he signs a contract with a huge buyout and sticks around long enough to collect his buyout and then rides off into the sunset.   

• Like 1

Dabo is a phenomenal coach and recruiter!!!   And he’s done it all the right way!   His philosophy of family, faith, and football would be a great cultural fit at AU.  This would be 100X bigger than the biggest hire in AU football history.  

That being said, I see no way whatsoever that there is any legitimacy to this rumor.  If it’s true, there has to be something huge going on behind the scenes at Clemson that none of us are aware of.  And in addition to that, Dabo would have to do a complete 180 concerning how he feels he would fit at AU.   And, he would have to have eliminated any thought of following saban at bama.    Therefore, it just seems extremely unlikely!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Dye is the same as if we had hired Kirby.

Dabo is a completely different species of filth.

It’s like comparing a dog to a hyena. 

He's better than Freeze though, right?

9 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Let's stop all of this speculative nonsense and rally around coach Keven Steele.

Just puked 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, aucom96 said:

Kiffin is worth wasting some time. He's an exciting "now" name in a job we can pay him more to leave. He has coached at bama, but has no ties there beyond that and probably isn't in this to milk a big extension out of Ole Miss. Dabo, I feel fairly certain either is or he's running from something. The dude is bammer through and through and most consider him a top choice for Saban's replacement, which can't be that far away. He's had a lot of success recruiting Clemson but he doesn't have Saban and Kirby in his back yard. I DEFINITELY think that guy is trolling us. I just hope we hired an AD who can listen but not over-commit. 

Yep, he is bammer to core.   When you walk-on at a school then there is a lot of love there.   His dream was to play for bammer.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

So you're, "on the fence"?

No Sir. I am fenced in and attached to VERY heavy gauge logging chain,,,,,,,

2 minutes ago, WarTim said:

No Sir. I am fenced in and attached to VERY heavy gauge logging chain,,,,,,,

Great!  For a minute, I thought you were "set in stone".

Stay open minded.  You're going to love the new wishbone air raid offense.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, shabby said:

This whole argument that Coach A is a bammer thus can't coach at Auburn is dumbest thing I've ever seen posted for the following reasons: 

1) Alabama already did the whole Inbred coaching pedigree thing when they tried to replace Bear Bryant. They ended up with Dubose as their coach for that very reason. When I think of "don't be a Bammer" this is what I think of. 

2) A good coach is a good coach. They don't come to Auburn for millions of dollar and do a bad job because they may have an Alabama connection. They do their best job because they are professionals that wish to have success.

So 0% chance Dabo would leave AU for bammer. Got it. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

After the 2011 post game against Clemson, Dabo would be an idiot to come here. The fans would never embrace him. This is all smoke. He just has too much Bama in him.

It is not even smoke.  It is just some people with imaginations waiting for the real news.