2016 Tx Tech GT QB Davis Webb (Flip to Cal 5/18/16)

JMassie11

How do you guys do that? The multi-quote thing I mean

It can be a pain, but you just copy the [ quote ] and [ /quote ] that you see when you reply and make it surround the text that you want to quote.

Ahh gotch ya. Thanks

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^On the "final 2016 class" thread E suggested that CGM liked JF3 better than Jerod Evans. That's the first time I've heard one of the mods here express confidence towards JF3 in any form, as it did not sound like he's "the guy." Hopefully they really did go after him over Evans.

Well we offered 1 instead of the other so it's logical whether we agree w/ the choice or not.

Atkinson is listed at 6'1", 183 pounds and y'all are putting him at linebacker? If he were a QB we'd have people saying he didn't have the body to hold up to SEC play.

We are not putting him there as fans. That's where he has practiced @ per reports. Also I think 183 is a typo IMO

If 183 is a typo, it's a typo that has been repeated in multiple places. Actually, I'm not that concerned. I like fast linebackers and I'd prefer 183 to 283 at the position. If he is placed there, it at least gives us another scholarship player at LB and we've certainly got a shortage of them.

Atkinson is listed at 6'1", 183 pounds and y'all are putting him at linebacker? If he were a QB we'd have people saying he didn't have the body to hold up to SEC play.

We are not putting him there as fans. That's where he has practiced @ per reports. Also I think 183 is a typo IMO

If 183 is a typo, it's a typo that has been repeated in multiple places. Actually, I'm not that concerned. I like fast linebackers and I'd prefer 183 to 283 at the position. If he is placed there, it at least gives us another scholarship player at LB and we've certainly got a shortage of them.

Even Chizik would say that's too small.

I think Gus and Robinson were at odds too.

Could be. If so, Jovon handled it a heck of a lot better than Duke, especially when he got on the field.

Amen to that. And you may be right that Duke had issues with the coaches, but he never got benched on a Saturday. Ugh, what a waste.

While I know we had QB troubles last year and everybody is looking for the next coming of Cam. This is a big kid with an arm who has had so so numbers would only play one year if he came and he has not even been evaluated by the coaches in person as he is not arriving until next month. Will he blow the coaches away and get an offer or will they not be that impressed I don't know. But 13 pages on this kid when everything that could be said positively or negatively was said in the first 2 pages is probably enough at least until he arrives on campus and is evaluated.

While I know we had QB troubles last year and everybody is looking for the next coming of Cam. This is a big kid with an arm who has had so so numbers would only play one year if he came and he has not even been evaluated by the coaches in person as he is not arriving until next month. Will he blow the coaches away and get an offer or will they not be that impressed I don't know. But 13 pages on this kid when everything that could be said positively or negatively was said in the first 2 pages is probably enough at least until he arrives on campus and is evaluated.

It's a much broader conversation about many facets of our program and I think a lot of us are okay with it continuing. Respectfully, I encourage you to ignore the thread until it either says "Committed" or is moved, or until he has visited and been evaluated by our coaches.

It's a much broader conversation about many facets of our program and I think a lot of us are okay with it continuing. Respectfully, I encourage you to ignore the thread until it either says "Committed" or is moved, or until he has visited and been evaluated by our coaches.

You are right but I am a bit of a junkie when it comes to this board. I see something new and I have to check. Often to see the same thing repeated over and over.

You are right but I am a bit of a junkie when it comes to this board. I see something new and I have to check. Often to see the same thing repeated over and over.

Same here. I guess I just don't have an issue with this thread since I'm one of the main ones causing the problem. You have a fair point and I'll try not to repeat myself anymore, as I have to admit that I have several times here.

Did anyone who is doubting Webb's ability based on not being a starter watch Mahomes (TT's qb) play this year? The kid is unbelievably talented and was undeniably their future. Would have started at the majority of schools. It's more of a testament to Mahomes than a shot to Webb's ability imo. I wouldn't mind bringing him over at all.

Did anyone who is doubting Webb's ability based on not being a starter watch Mahomes (TT's qb) play this year? The kid is unbelievably talented and was undeniably their future. Would have started at the majority of schools. It's more of a testament to Mahomes than a shot to Webb's ability imo. I wouldn't mind bringing him over at all.

I think it may be more doubting any QB prospect that is considered Pro-style by some contibuters on this forum. But I do think most of us are willing to trust Gus on this one. If JFIII doesn't work out and we have a transfer or two, Gus really needs a backup plan. Someone who can get the ball to these playmakers we have coming in. However my opinion is still that all this Webb talk is moot. Webb will probably be committed somewhere before he ever visits Auburn.

Do the coaches believe he is the only hope?

He still has to get an offer before that's even worth asking, which he doesn't yet.

He still has to get an offer before that's even worth asking, which he doesn't yet.

how would you know whether he has an offer or not.

Because he's E. It's his job to know such things.

Because he will report one when he gets 1 just like most recruits do.

Archived