Bo Nix

Swamp Eagle

13 hours ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

the loyalists to "The Legend of Bo Nix" won't relent regardless and are probably PART of the reason that he gets so much flack

THANK YOU

I swear, people here don't understand how conversations work. Point, counterpoint. "All anyone ever does is bash <my favorite guy>." Well, if you and the other apologists weren't constantly claiming that it's not this person's fault that we're 8-5 every year or that it's the offensive line's fault that this other person can't stay in a clean pocket or step into a throw, then there would be no need to offer a counterpoint. 

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody hates Bo Nix. The issues is he has not lived up to his potential. The other issue is he gets Jimmy Clausen type of love . A dude who has the potential, yet hasn’t produced , but you got guys like Jordan Palmer saying he will be the #1 pick. Individually, I am just not that impressed. Hopefully he can make a leap next year.

14 hours ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

the loyalists to "The Legend of Bo Nix" won't relent regardless and are probably PART of the reason that he gets so much flac

That phrase divided this camp to such an asinine degree 

First game of the season I said he still hasn't gotten his feet right it's imperative that he do so and I was told it's laughable how much I hated Bo.

Second game he over threw flash and somebody said it was on flash. I said the ball wasn't there and you can't expect a dude that can run 4.2 to change direction in the middle of his stride and when he's running a go route. Then it was i can't stand Bo.....

Now here we are....and of course the apologist don't want to talk about Bo. 😂 

So when do we talk about our 5 star leader not living up? When he graduates I guess

On 1/5/2021 at 4:22 PM, keesler said:

Just goes to show how offenses have evolved to the point where Pat's numbers back then wouldn't have been good enough to hang with the teams of today.

Bo has to get better, Auburn's offense has to be more productive if we have any chance of recruiting high level offensive players and the ability to compete with the best teams around.

Um, the elder Nix was only the starter for two seasons. He backed up Stan White for his first two seasons (and presumably his redshirt season, too, though obviously he never went in or he wouldn't have redshirted). So aside from backup stats for two seasons, both Patrick and Bo have had two full seasons of starting at QB in college. And since Bo played 13 games last year and 11 games this year, they've even started the same number of games at Auburn...

Really interesting to hear Cole C. talk about Nix on @The Jboy Showyesterday. Cubelic interviewed Morris earlier this year and Morris stated that they had been working with Nix on all of the issues that have been discussed here. It comes down to whether he will actually take the coaching or not.

2 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Really interesting to hear Cole C. talk about Nix on @The Jboy Showyesterday. Cubelic interviewed Morris earlier this year and Morris stated that they had been working with Nix on all of the issues that have been discussed here. It comes down to whether he will actually take the coaching or not.

I bet he has a quick hook under Harsin/Bobo. Might as well start D and see what you have. You know what you get with Bo, if he doesn't improve

9 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Yeah, people want to believe that because of the pandemic he was alone and unable to get better.....he already knew the play book he had plenty of time to get better. But this summer he's actually going to have to learn a bunch of new stuff. Don't know how much time they'll be able to waste on stuff a high school guy should know

7 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

I bet he has a quick hook under Harsin/Bobo. Might as well start D and see what you have. You know what you get with Bo, if he doesn't improve

My guess is there will be an open competition for QB1 and as you say a quick hook If the starter struggles.  Bobo is known for developing QBs so don’t count Bo out.  Bobo will need to teach him to stay in the pocket and let off some steam on the long balls.

Competition is going to be necessary. Harsin/Bobo need to be willing to sit Bo, and I expect they will bring in a competent QB out of the portal.

Bo was getting coached by Chad, but there weren't any consequences for not taking it. Next year there will be. 

I don't think it's primarily coaching. I think it's in his head. He looks down at the rush too quickly and bails too early. And he rushes his feet. Perhaps that's because he's gotten rocked in tough games. Or maybe it's his nature. But I'm not sure coaching will fix it.

29 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I loved when Cole Cubelic said bring in competition to push him. You cannot go into next year with just a true freshman as the only backup plan. Forget Bo falling flat on his face this year, injuries happen 

4 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

I don't think it's primarily coaching. I think it's in his head. He looks down at the rush too quickly and bails too early. And he rushes his feet. Perhaps that's because he's gotten rocked in tough games. Or maybe it's his nature. But I'm not sure coaching will fix it.

It’s fight or flight when you’ve got 280-300 lb beasts coming at you.  Bo needs to gut it up and take a lick when necessary to get the pass off.  Many times he bails when there’s no pressure so a lot of it is in his head.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see D.Davis get the start next season. Bo has so many fundamental issues at this point, it’ll take a lot of work to break his habits. And it’s going to be damn near impossible for him to trust his line again. 

26 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see D.Davis get the start next season. Bo has so many fundamental issues at this point, it’ll take a lot of work to break his habits. And it’s going to be damn near impossible for him to trust his line again. 

Ain't going to happen. 

Why anyone thinks a true freshman will start with Bo here and having 2 years of experience, is smoking something.

What I expect Harsin will try to do is bring in a more experienced QB to be a quality backup or if he is lucky a guy who will compete as a starter.

he's not going to sit Bo for a true Freshman, at the start of his coaching career here...

On 1/6/2021 at 11:08 AM, cole256 said:

First game of the season I said he still hasn't gotten his feet right it's imperative that he do so and I was told it's laughable how much I hated Bo.

Second game he over threw flash and somebody said it was on flash. I said the ball wasn't there and you can't expect a dude that can run 4.2 to change direction in the middle of his stride and when he's running a go route. Then it was i can't stand Bo.....

Now here we are....and of course the apologist don't want to talk about Bo. 😂 

So when do we talk about our 5 star leader not living up? When he graduates I guess

Agree. We can only hope Harsin is a better QB coach than what we’ve had. I’m not anywhere near convinced he is even a serviceable QB in this league. I hope we sign a good transfer and that Harsin puts Bo on notice, that legacy means nothing if you aren’t the guy to get the job done. 

1 minute ago, Old fan 47 said:

Agree. We can only hope Harsin is a better QB coach than what we’ve had. I’m not anywhere near convinced he is even a serviceable QB in this league. I hope we sign a good transfer and that Harsin puts Bo on notice, that legacy means nothing if you aren’t the guy to get the job done. 

I’m pretty sure Harsin and Bobo will play the QB that they think gives us the best chance to win regardless of who it is.

52 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

I wonder that too, but I am not sure if Harsin gives him a long leash. Bo may break AU records, but when it comes to his record as a starter, there is a lot left to desire. Just my opinion. 

1 minute ago, dilligas said:

I’m pretty sure Harsin and Bobo will play the QB that they think gives us the best chance to win regardless of who it is.

That’s what I hope. Legacy doesn’t mean you are the best. 

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

Yeah, people want to believe that because of the pandemic he was alone and unable to get better.....he already knew the play book he had plenty of time to get better. But this summer he's actually going to have to learn a bunch of new stuff. Don't know how much time they'll be able to waste on stuff a high school guy should know

Especially when DD already does most if not all of the things right we complain Bo doesn't. 

11 minutes ago, AUnCullman said:

I think this has already been asked before but cant remember. Is DD an early enrolee?

Yes 

What a great AU FAMILY thread. 🤪

Archived