Friday Scrimmage: TJ Finley QB1

W.E.D

9 hours ago, W.E.D said:

One should avoid hitting a tennis racket as hard as possible when recovering from shoulder injury

Hell, I'd have thought he'd be hitting tennis balls, not rackets. That old boy must be a couple of sandwiches shy of a picnic..

Edited by Swamp Eagle
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Reading Al.com's Fri scrimmage quotes, sounds like the D is worried most when Robby's out there.

We can be sure that the starting QB should be the one who's not starting. 

So there's that...

8 hours ago, AUGoo said:

Is this something that you have witnessed this fall yourself?

That's not a requirement around here for critiquing QB's. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Wasn’t there a “C Mosley or K Frazier” era, where Chizik wouldn’t announce the starter to make the opposing D Coordinator prepare for both? 😅

Was that the origin for Will Collier's hilariously famous post on the Bunker when someone suggested Chiz was hiding players before the season opener?

"If we're hiding players from Utah State, I'll eat my game ticket." 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Was that the origin for Will Collier's hilariously famous post on the Bunker when someone suggested Chiz was hiding players before the season opener?

"If we're hiding players from Utah State, I'll eat my game ticket." 🤣

There's no way he made a post in that few of words

Basically we're going into the season like we did with Bo......sometimes good sometimes bad. Never great. We're doing last year all over again

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swamp Eagle said:

That's not a requirement around here for critiquing QB's. 

So is in order to have a informed opinion (praise or critique) on the performance of a player or a position group one must have to physically watch the player in real time? 

37 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Basically we're going into the season like we did with Bo......sometimes good sometimes bad. Never great. We're doing last year all over again

Only better!  ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GreenTiger said:

So is in order to have a informed opinion (praise or critique) on the performance of a player or a position group one must have to physically watch the player in real time? 

I guess it begs the question of “how are you informed”.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

The others don’t have room to improve their passing? You seem to be saying as Ashford is worst thrower, he is only one that can improve?

They can but they've continued to be notably inconsistent. They're all inconsistent but Ashford is an X factor with his legs, therefore i do considered his ceiling to be higher. Can he get to that point is the question. I think it's clear he's going to get some chances to show it. 

On 8/20/2022 at 12:59 AM, CCTAU said:

TJs success will depend on how quick he can get rid of the ball. 
As a QB who is not as fleet of foot, he will struggle mightily if our OL cannot perform at an SEC level.

And this my main concern. Practice and scrimmages is one thing but live action is a different story. I do hope he has improved but I'm not expecting much. Bo did improve some under Harsin but it wasn't to a large degree. I don't agree with fans potentially booing or slamming the kid. He's doing the best he can. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone find this concerning? Just curious. It's 2 weeks before the season starts and our true freshmen looks the best in camp. 

Edited by WarEagle1983

5 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Does anyone find this concerning? Just curious. It's 2 weeks before the season starts and our true freshmen looks the best in camp. 

That quote says he was firing better that day. Does not say he looked the best in camp. No it’s not concerning. There are days the Rookies look better than the vets in the NFL during preseason. It’s not that deep. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

That quote says he had is firing better that day. Does not say he looked the best in camp. No it’s not concerning. There are days the Rookies look better than the vets in the NFL during preseason. It’s not that deep. 

He also said, "one of the best throwers I've coached".  He didn't say he was the best QB.  CBH has routinely spoken to the ability to command and control the offense being paramount.  He hasn't minced words, TJ has the best command of the offense so far.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I’m taking the glass half full approach.    It sounds like we have depth and a bright future at QB.   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

They can but they've continued to be notably inconsistent. They're all inconsistent but Ashford is an X factor with his legs, therefore i do considered his ceiling to be higher. Can he get to that point is the question. I think it's clear he's going to get some chances to show it. 

If Ashford is behind the others in throwing, he cannot succeed here as QB. Not in this system especially. 

This isn't 2013 with a stud line and a QB that can drop bombs as a tertiary to an insane rushing attack. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUinMS9528 said:

I’m taking the glass half full approach.    It sounds like we have depth and a bright future at QB.   

I've thought Geriner was an outstanding prospect from day one. If he does have to be pressed into service this season I hope he's ready. The SEC is a tough place to get OJT.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Heavy coach speak