Spring Practice Updates…

toddc

Just now, Win4AU said:

I think scrimmage is happening now (6pmish cst)

thank you for replying sometimes i get looked over but it could be cus my jokes backfire on here.

18 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

You're welcome 

BTW, I think he played AAAA ball in GA. Not really lower class . Also, had something like 36 TDS and 3 picks his SR year. And led team to State title if I'm not mistaken.  So yes, I was expecting more out of him based off that . 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

BTW, I think he played AAAA ball in GA. Not really lower class . Also, had something like 36 TDS and 3 picks his SR year. And led team to State title if I'm not mistaken.  So yes, I was expecting more out of him based off that . 

Right, there is 5, 6, and 7 A above his school. About 150+ schools in higher levels.

His school have like 400 kids. That's an absolute tiny school.  The 7A schools have 600 kids in a single grade level. 2500 kids vs 400 ends up a massive difference in talent 

10 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Right, there is 5, 6, and 7 A above his school. About 150+ schools in higher levels.

His school have like 400 kids. That's an absolute tiny school.  The 7A schools have 600 kids in a single grade level. 2500 kids vs 400 ends up a massive difference in talent 

Not necessarily. Bigger schools have more funding/booster support so they can attract more players. Not to mention they have bigger rosters. 7/6A just sounds sexier. Benedictine Military is not some fluke 4A school on the coast. They just won state again this past December. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, woodford said:

Not necessarily. Bigger schools have more funding/booster support so they can attract more players. Not to mention they have bigger rosters. 7/6A just sounds sexier. Benedictine Military is not some fluke 4A school on the coast. They just won state again this past December. 

You're proving my point. Bigger schools have more money, more players, can recruit, etc.

No one said his school was a fluke, he's just playing against schools of a few hundred kids vs massive schools with all the advantages you listed above. His competition level was drastically less.

Edited by W.E.D

9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

You're proving my point. Bigger schools have more money, more players, can recruit, etc.

No one said his school was a fluke, he's just playing against schools of a few hundred kids vs massive schools with all the advantages you listed above. His competition level was drastically less.

So based of what your saying. We should have no expectations for Keldric Faulk. He played 2A ball in Alabama 

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

So based of what your saying. We should have no expectations for Keldric Faulk. He played 2A ball in Alabama 

QBs are absurdly different then raw size and athleticism of a player that is "see ball get ball".

Faulk was also a 5* kid. Not a kid ranked ~300.

You're comparing two wildly different things

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

QBs are absurdly different then raw size and athleticism of a player that is "see ball get ball".

Faulk was also a 5* kid. Not a kid ranked ~300.

You're comparing two wildly different things

Ok LOL. Perhaps Nick Marshall... As many picks as TDS in Junior college. Point being Gernier had the stats to warrant high expectations.  I don't care if he was play against The Weak Sisters of the Poor. If that doesn't translate to AU it's a disappointment 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Ok LOL. Perhaps Nick Marshall... As many picks as TDS in Junior college

He was a 3rd year player in an extremely unique offense. Not a traditional RSFR in an offense that isn't based 85% on pure athleticism.

Still had more experience against better comp than HG. 

I've been very consistent on QBs. An extremely few are ready before year 3. Especially lowly ranked 4* from tiny schools playing bad meh competition 

Edited by W.E.D

And on Faulk I expect him to have shining moments and then gaps for nothing. Its unlikely he's going to be a dominant player for the entire season. He's still got a ton to learn.

Wish he had someone to learn from and play behind or situational.

Just now, W.E.D said:

And on Faulk I expect him to have shining moments and then gaps for nothing. Its unlikely he's going to be a dominant player for the entire season. He's still got a ton to learn.

Wish he had someone to learn from and play behind or situational.

I guess on the bright side, you prob never are disappointed cause you don't seem to get your hopes up or have high expectations for nothing 

12 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Not sure where he played but Alabama private schools have something like a 1.6 multiplier which if that is this case would put them playing in a higher classification. Just makes the student numbers to not be the whole story. I do remember most on here thought he was a “good get” at that time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I guess on the bright side, you prob never are disappointed cause you don't seem to get your hopes up or have high expectations for nothing 

I have plenty of high expectations....just usually not unreasonable ones

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Not sure where he played but Alabama private schools have something like a 1.6 multiplier which if that is this case would put them playing in a higher classification. Just makes the student numbers to not be the whole story. I do remember most on here thought he was a “good get” at that time.

Looks like the other schools are around 1k. Still 300 less per grade level.

I thought he was a good get that would take time to develop. From many accounts he's no where close to being ready to contribute 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Wow!  
Speaking of unmet expectations, I came in this morning hoping to get some info on yesterday’s scrimmage.   😞🤦‍♂️

Eaglenest

14 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Wow!  
Speaking of unmet expectations, I came in this morning hoping to get some info on yesterday’s scrimmage.   😞🤦‍♂️

Seems the consensus from "insiders" and articles on 247/on3.... Faulk will play as a TrFr. Finley was the best of the 3. The other 2 were just there.

Cam Riley might be asked to be our true edge rusher. 

Cam Brown had the best catch/throw from TJ finely. Back shoulder. Expected to be the "alpha" Hugh has talked about at WR.

• Thanks 3

stolen from the rant.

And I'm here to see TJ Finley

He's balling out tho.

TJ clear leader at qb. Cam brown is legit. Mba is a monster. DL is stout. Fairweather is as advertised. OL is making some holes for Hunter and Battie is a legit homerun threat.

Robbie still inaccurate throwing short and long passes. Elite scrambler and athlete. Clear 2nd back up. Holden didn't impress.

TJ impressed the hell out of me. Huge step forward throwing the ball. His accuracy was impressive on all throws. Only had one that was off target.

We riding baws

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

part two................

There's some quotes from people talking about K Faulk. He is having a big spring and has been unblockable at times. He and the Vandy transfer are the top 2 there with no mention of D Brooks.

C Brown is also having a big spring so far and the clear #1 at wr

Like said above TJ is at this point the clear 1 at qb. He's been throwing the ball well and impressed with his ability to fit the ball into tight windows. It's basically 7 on 7 at this point though so well see what happens when he gets a rush and is forced to move a little. He was always accurate last season as long as he was in rhythm. It was when he had to move a little that his footwork broke down and he was consistently off target.

Robbie had a very bad day yesterday. Inaccurate and took back to back sacks in a 7-7 drill.

Geriner was with the 3rd team. Had a couple nice throws but not enough talent around him that far down the depth chart to really do anything

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

TJ impressed the hell out of me. Huge step forward throwing the ball. His accuracy was impressive on all throws. Only had one that was off target.

We riding baws

Heard the same thing last spring. I'll believe it when he's facing a pass rush and doesn't suddently turn into a pick machine. 

I still have to think we don't have our starter on campus yet. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

Heard the same thing last spring. I'll believe it when he's facing a pass rush and doesn't suddently turn into a pick machine. 

Don't disagree on this, but a better OL/better play calling should limit the 100% occurrence of immediate pressure.

• Like 1

I’m in I’ll believe it when I see it mode with TJ.  He’s had 1 good game against South Carolina when he was at LSU.  I’d compare him to Jason Campbell having a break out season as a senior but he’d shown plenty of flashes before that.  

Awesome to hear about Cam Brown and Battie.  I’m getting Ontario McCaleb vibes from Battie.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

I’m in I’ll believe it when I see it mode with TJ.  He’s had 1 good game against South Carolina when he was at LSU.  I’d compare him to Jason Campbell having a break out season as a senior but he’d shown plenty of flashes before that.  

Awesome to hear about Cam Brown and Battie.  I’m getting Ontario McCaleb vibes from Battie.

Hopefully Battie has better body control than O M. Can't count how many times Ontario had a clear path to the endzone but outran his own feet!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, aucom96 said:

I still have to think we don't have our starter on campus yet. 

My sentiments exactly. There are a lot of players who look really good in practice, but when the lights come and the game pressure comes, they don't look so good (Jeremy Johnson). TJ fit this description last year.