Men vs Iowa NCAA Tournament RD 1 Game Thread

Maverick.AU

8 minutes ago, HawkeyeOfTexas said:

Congrats guys.  One of us was going to get beat by 20 on Saturday.  Wish it was us, but knew what to expect away from Carver.

So tired of no defense/rebounding.

Good game. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Don't know about the "get beat by 20" stuff. We were up by 17 (?) at bama just a couple of weeks ago, before the wheels fell off refs got involved. Not sure how we match up against UH, but with a home crowd hopefully we can hang. Depends on which Auburn team shows up.

Houston is a lot better than Alabama (if Sasser is healthy).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I have to accept it. We’re an underdog mentality program.

And I’m good with it. WDE!

Heart and D. Nothing else.

Nice to see us make free throws (sans KD's late one) to close this one out.  We have lacked that too often.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeOfTexas said:

Houston is a lot better than Alabama (if Sasser is healthy).

Not trying to jump on you but I figured this point was coming. They played in Houston and UAT won with a nonexistent Brandon Miller. Houston is metrically superior but they played in a..3 bid league while UA played in a 8 bid league. UA deserves the benefit of the doubt over Houston by the eye test. 
edit: actually looks like there were two they got in, and Memphis was very close to the bubble line before their conference tournament run

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Like 7

12 minutes ago, HawkeyeOfTexas said:

Congrats guys.  One of us was going to get beat by 20 on Saturday.  Wish it was us, but knew what to expect away from Carver.

So tired of no defense/rebounding.

It has been a pleasure chatting with you during this game build-up. Take care. 

• Like 3

Woohoo!! Great win tigers!! Thought it was another melt down but they pulled it together. Green may be the worst last possession guard in college basketball but he is also the best ice in the veins close you out at the free throw line guard in America as well!! Wooo!!! <breathes>

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

So glad UVA lost. They deserve to lose every game forever. LOL.

Have I ever told you that the game you referenced is the biggest hose job in the history of college basketball? I'm not sure it's Christian to hate the current program at the school that will not be mentioned. I'm still working on that. 

2 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

If anything, I hope Northern Kentucky wears down Sasser for us!

Someone smack some of the sass out of Sasser so he's not so sassy on Saturday. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

Have I ever told you that the game you referenced is the biggest hose job in the history of college basketball? I'm not sure it's Christian to hate the current program at the school that will not be mentioned. I'm still working on that. 

Amen to that!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Way to go boys!!!!! Let's get ready to wreck Houston's season (I know I'm looking ahead). Survive and advance. WDE

Looking ahead? Of what? The Northern Kentucky vs Houston game? 🤣 Of course, I'd love to see Northern Kentucky pull it out.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Not trying to jump on you but I figured this point was coming. They played in Houston and UAT won with a nonexistent Brandon Miller. Houston is metrically superior but they played in a..3 bid league while UA played in a 8 bid league. UA deserves the benefit of the doubt over Houston by the eye test. 
edit: actually looks like there were two they got in, and Memphis was very close to the bubble line before their conference tournament run

That’s the first thing I thought when I read that post. The two leagues aren’t even in the same stratosphere. It’s clearly evident and most everyone gets it. 

• Like 1