2022 4* WR Darrius Clemons - Commits to Michigan

Paladin

28 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Dude should go to Oregon if that is where he wants to be. We have a high need to make all our signees count and i would hate to waste a scholly on a guy who will get homesick and leave after a semester. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, gravejd said:

Dude should go to Oregon if that is where he wants to be. We have a high need to make all our signees count and i would hate to waste a scholly on a guy who will get homesick and leave after a semester. 

His heart is not with the University of Oregon.  It was with Cristobal.  And yes, Cristobal is that good of a recruiter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tinman said:

His heart is not with the University of Oregon.  It was with Cristobal.  And yes, Cristobal is that good of a recruiter.

Yes he is.

1 hour ago, tinman said:

Show him the game tape of the Pac 12 title game.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, AUatHeart said:

So, he goes to Miami now?

Nope.   His heart was broken by Mario so he lands with AU in the end.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tinman said:

Nope.   His heart was broken by Mario so he lands with AU in the end.

Good thing he's a December signee. Need that Oregon search to take a while!

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

Michigan?!

(Apparently visiting Michigan soon)

Four-star wide receiver Darius Clemons hasn’t been discussed much in regards to Michigan for a while, but now he’s started to show interest in the Wolverines again. The coaching carousel is also helping with this, as Oregon, which is viewed as the favorite to land him, could lose head coach Mario Cristobal to Miami. Auburn has been seen as the other favorite, but 6-6 looks a lot worse compared to 12-1 with the No. 2 seed in the CFP.

https://www.maizenbrew.com/michigan-football-recruiting/2021/12/6/22819564/michigan-wolverines-football-recruiting-big-ten-championship-2022-and-2023-class

4 minutes ago, AUreo said:

Michigan?!

Four-star wide receiver Darius Clemons hasn’t been discussed much in regards to Michigan for a while, but now he’s started to show interest in the Wolverines again. The coaching carousel is also helping with this, as Oregon, which is viewed as the favorite to land him, could lose head coach Mario Cristobal to Miami. Auburn has been seen as the other favorite, but 6-6 looks a lot worse compared to 12-1 with the No. 2 seed in the CFP.

https://www.maizenbrew.com/michigan-football-recruiting/2021/12/6/22819564/michigan-wolverines-football-recruiting-big-ten-championship-2022-and-2023-class

Wins matter.

So suddenly it looks like we miss on both Perry and Clemons? See why I don’t have much confidence in Harsin? Thought that a “tough, physical brand of football (TM)” would be enough to lure recruits?

Edited by AUwent
  • Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

So suddenly it looks like we miss on both Perry and Clemons? See why I don’t have much confidence in Harsin? Thought that a “tough, physical brand of football (TM)” would be enough to lure recruits?

Everyone is now dumber for having read this.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, AUreo said:

Michigan?!

Even with their non-ideal QB play, UM has done a good job of developing skill position talent honestly. 

5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Even with their non-ideal QB play, UM has done a good job of developing skill position talent honestly. 

Further to our other conversation, it seems that Clemson has succeeded mostly the same way, although obviously with less stringent academic requirements. I know they've played the recruiting game to some extent but it's hard to ignore the stability, development and retention over there relative to other programs, at least until this year. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AUwent said:

Lets wait until the fat lady sings. Recruiting is always a fluid situation until kids actually sign. It's been said that the staff is doing a tremendous amount of work "behind the scenes". Soon enough we'll know whether that work was productive or not. If productive, we should see some pleasant surprises between now and the final signing day in February. If no pleasant surprises, then the work, if it actually existed, went for naught.

4 hours ago, AUwent said:

dm_180330_NBA_hollins_on_embiid_injury.j

Every time you post, I can't help but think of this guy.

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, AUwent said:

Listen I have my issues with Harsin, but at least it's on what I've seen on the field. You continue to have meltdowns over recruiting blurbs of unsigned prospects. At least wait until signing day to get upset. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Listen I have my issues with Harsin, but at least it's on what I've seen on the field. You continue to have meltdowns over recruiting blurbs of unsigned prospects. At least wait until signing day to get upset. 

Can you please stop with your logic and maturity ??? My goodness LOL

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, AUwent said:

2420745qnyu1zuq6x.gif

• Haha 3

Staff did an in-home visit with him and some of our commits feel very positive we land him now. Cristobal is trying to sell him on Miami and Michigan is trying to make a last second push.

He is supposed to sign on December 15th. If he does, then I believe we get him. If he decides to delay his signing then I think he is going elsewhere.