New Offensive Coordinator - Austin Davis

Zeek

59 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Is he married and does he own a motorcycle?

I hope he is married. Lot of temptations on the plains for a young single guy.

Anyone know which coaches he played for in the NFL? Don't have time to google tonight.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

A lot of times, OCs like to bring "their" OL coach with them. I wonder if he has one he wants to bring with him.

You think Will Friend gets canned? I’ve heard rumors that he might but nothing concrete 

19 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

You think Will Friend gets canned? I’ve heard rumors that he might but nothing concrete 

A little bit of of smoke

Love this hire! Too many coach hires are retreads (see Bobo), while younger more energetic talent waits. I believe this will payoff…bigly 

• Like 2

Guest MustardSeed
8 minutes ago, tomcat said:

Love this hire! Too many coach hires are retreads (see Bobo), while younger more energetic talent waits. I believe this will payoff…bigly 

Kirby Smart was a GA 4 years before Saban hired him and he got promoted to DC in his 2nd year at Bama..so just 5 years removed from being a GA at Florida St.  He turned out alright too 😎

11 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Idk, Pete Carol and Russell Wilson giving rave reviews of the guy gets me really excited. 

Exactly.  Yea I don't think he burned an NFL bridge here.  That's some pretty high praise in that article from several proven guys.  I am freaking excited about this hire. Dude was a baller at USM.  Let's go get some OL. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bigbird said:

I'm thrilled to have unbiased eyes watching Dee

And Wilson isn’t the tallest qb so Davis knows how to work with that!

• Like 3

Looking forward to Coach Davis teaching our QBs proper ball placement. Like the missed 2-point conversion in the IB. WR has the CB beat by a step or two. TJ throws at the receiver and its picked. Lead our receiver properly and it’s completed. Just little things to correct but it’s been death by a thousand cuts for a team that can’t close games after earning double digit leads. 🦅🦅🦅

Impressed by our coach. I hope himself and fans actually give him time and let the coaches coach. If there are any problems I hope our IQ will be upped and actually address real issues and don't allow the internet to turn people into angry sheep. 

He'll be coaching qb's a new system. I hope the first int or first two play clock mistakes don't turn into 14 mess ups and wrong routes ran nobody knows what they are doing like we saw earlier this year.

Lastly I hope as far as wr go we get and use some tall guys and we don't go for fades throwing to 6 foot guys with so so athleticism. 

• Like 2

Ok. Here goes. While this guy may turn out to be a great OC, what in his past indicates that he is qualified to be OC at a major P5 school. He has been an NFL QB coach for one year and an assistant QB coach for one year. Has he ever developed a game plan? Called any plays whatsoever? Adjust on the fly during a game? Yes Carroll and Wilson gave him great accolades but Russel Wilson has been a great QB a long time. To say he had any hand in Wilson’s development as a great QB would be a stretch. Someone said it earlier but this board sounds like when Lofler was hired and many said he would be a good OC because he coached Tom Brady. I feel like it is another hire that requires on the job training. 

Flame away but I think many there are looking through orange and blue glasses.  And if my concerns prove unfounded I will gladly come back here next fall and say I was wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

Ok. Here goes. While this guy may turn out to be a great OC, what in his past indicates that he is qualified to be OC at a major P5 school. He has been an NFL QB coach for one year and an assistant QB coach for one year. Has he ever developed a game plan? Called any plays whatsoever? Adjust on the fly during a game? Yes Carroll and Wilson gave him great accolades but Russel Wilson has been a great QB a long time. To say he had any hand in Wilson’s development as a great QB would be a stretch. Someone said it earlier but this board sounds like when Lofler was hired and many said he would be a good OC because he coached Tom Brady. I feel like it is another hire that requires on the job training. 

Flame away but I think many there are looking through orange and blue glasses.  And if my concerns prove unfounded I will gladly come back here next fall and say I was wrong. 

Well. The guy that was the exact opposite of everything you posted was a peach the last 5 games, wasn't he? I have no idea if going "outside the box" is good or not. And I don't mind being the devil's advocate at times. But I'll give this guy a minute to prove himself. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

It is funny how some would give this guy all the credibility in the world but can down other coaches without any cause......

Can't do anything now though but hope for the best. He should have some leverage with recruiting to start out!

• Like 2