Rumors are flying this morning

AUY2K

22 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Good points. I just remember him being fired at USC where it is almost impossible to lose.
But he has changed since then. 

…again, you made good points that make me feel better about it if it were to happen. 

Impossible to lose?? It was impossible to win after the sanctions Pete left them with. Kiffen’s only mistake was taking the job right before the sanctions hit

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, rophle said:

I’m out of this conversation, I have no idea what you’re talking about 

32 minutes ago, rophle said:

Kiffen’s only mistake

umm-ok-yeah-right.gif

1 hour ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Plan B perhaps but I imagine we have way bigger fish. Also you DS fans might as well give it up.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

DS is not in the picture.

I think he was a thought , but based on the tea leaves, he does not seem to be a serious candidate for Auburn. I personally think it is all in for Lane Kiffin. Probably seek out Matt Rhule and another big time coach. If none of that works grab Freeze.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I think he was a thought , but based on the tea leaves, he does not seem to be a serious candidate for Auburn. I personally think it is all in for Lane Kiffin. Probably seek out Matt Rhule and another big time coach. If none of that works grab Freeze.

Yep 

Thats the way it’s looking now. I think we’ve offered LK already and we’re waiting on an answer. 
Plan B will kick in if the train stays in Oxford

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

10 years right at 12MM for Lane. OM side is claiming 7 years 78 MM. OM guys are claiming they won't match. 

Paying that kind of money for any coach is ridiculous, especially LK.  It would be like chasing after GM again.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

10 years right at 12MM for Lane. OM side is claiming 7 years 78 MM. OM guys are claiming they won't match. 

No lawyer, but heard that Mississippi law dictates no more than four years on a contract.

If true, AU will annihilate any contract Ole Miss can conjure up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Viper said:

No lawyer, but heard that Mississippi law dictates no more than four years on a contract.

It’s going to be about the annual salary, rather than the length of the contract IMO.

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

It’s going to be about the annual salary, rather than the length of the contract IMO.

“Hold my beer”

- Jimmy Sexton

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Viper said:

Pathetically sad.

Ole Miss will hire him. 

And we will regret it. 

I can understand Kiffin/Sanders being

1a and 1b 

But not ever having Sanders in a back up plan? That’s not good.

I’m good with LK even though Sanders is my top pick.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Viper said:

Looks like the state legislature attempted to put an amendment on the ballot in 2019 that would’ve eliminated the four year max, but wasn’t successful. Thanks Mississippi! 

https://ballotpedia.org/Mississippi_Remove_Four-Year_Limit_on_State_University_Employment_Contracts_Amendment_(2019)

Edited by zeroforwinger

4 hours ago, HAPvsOA said:

Tennessee was just a matter of time. It was a mess and he left before he was fired or controversy impeded him if I remember correctly. 

Ummm, no. They still hate Lane in Knoxville because he left. He was a California kid that had coached for years at USC on Pete Carroll's staff. When USC came open, Lane dipped out and wouldn't take any questions. Administrators, boosters, BOT and fans were all pissed off because he left. It wasn't a mess when he was there. 2007 Tennessee won the SEC East. 2008 Fulmer goes 5-7 with a loss to Alabama and they freaked out and fired him. (Exactly like Auburn did Tubs and the same week if I recall) Lane took over and improved them to 7-6. He bolts to USC and Tennessee hired Dooley, then Butch Jones, then Pruitt and now Heupel. 

Lane had them headed in the right direction and also had a really good recruiting class thanks to Ed Orgeron.

1 hour ago, AUCE05 said:

Mississippi law won't let Ole Miss go 7 years. 4 years is the max on a contract in the state of Mississippi. So that shoots that rumor down.

Nobody knows what will happen except the few people that need to know.

Sunday on Texas A&M's message boards, they were sharing articles from their beat writers. They said if Jimbo gets bought out this year, that Texas A&M's short list is Kiffin, Freeze, Dan Lanning, Deion Sanders and Bill O'Brien. 

Ole Miss boards claim that if Auburn hires Kiffin, Ole Miss may go after Freeze to return, Dan Lanning, Deion or Bill O'Brien.

See a pattern?

Nobody knows and the same names get thrown around during every job opening. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1