Mark My Word: 2013

DaddyBoyAU

Ok, work and family has taken up most of my time this past year, so I haven't got to post a lot lately. Thank you Stoic for reminding me of what's important: my yearly "Mark My Word" thread (not as popular as The Nip, but fun for some of us in any case...)

Here's how it works: the sportscasters are telling us how the season will go, but you know something they don't. Maybe it's just a gut feeling, but as far as you are concerned: it will happen. So tell us about it.

Make your boldest college football related prediction. Not a wimpy prediction that you know will likely come true (e.g. "Auburn Beats Washington State!") or one that many people believe anyway (e.g. "Johnny Manziel goes pro after this year!"), but a prediction that nobody else but you expects to happen. Maybe something that you have a gut feeling about, something that may defy logical thinking. It's got to be College Football related of course, but could concern game outcomes, coach issues, final schedules, etc. After the season, we can revive this thread and see how our predictions turned out.

Last year I made a couple of predictions that were on target:

Mark My Word: Arkansas loses to Mississippi State. You heard me. (that was against logical thinking this time last year).

Mark My Word: Overrated USC loses three games in the regular season. (they actually lost more!)

and one that was probably more wishful thinking than a gut feeling...

Mark My Word: Tennessee beats Bama, saving Dooley's job. ouch

In any case, here are the rules:

No wimpy predictions. Penalty for a wimpy prediction: 15 yards and you sit out next play.

No flaming on the thread. If you don't agree with someone's Mark My Word prediction and want to tell them how crazy they are, take it to another thread. This is just for predictions. One exception: you may flame someone who makes a wimpy prediction. Penalty for flaming on the thread: 10 yards from the spot of the foul and loss of down.

Most importantly: you must begin each prediction with "Mark My Word". Because you're sure of it. (And it's in the spirit of the thread.) (1st infraction is a sideline warning, 2nd infraction 15 yards). You don't have to explain why you believe the way you do, although you can elaborate if you want.

No edits once the season begins - although I doubt people would change their predictions to match the season, just want to make it clear.

Okay, I'll start...

Mark My Word: Alabama loses to Arkansas. You heard me.

Mark My Word: Johny Manziel starts every game this season, but A&M loses at least four games anyway.

Now you know how it works. Let's hear those bold and crazy predictions.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark my words South Carolina wins the SEC

Mark my words Ohio State loses at least 4 games

Mark my words Johnathan Mincy will be the hardest hitting, and most respected corner in the SEC

Mark My Word: Jadaveon Clowny wont lead his team in sack and have a down year

Mark My Word: Overrated Ohio State loses at least 2 games

Mark My Word: A runningback will win the Heisman

Mark My Word: Lache Seastrunk wins the Heisman, giving Baylor two Heisman winners in three years and the state of Texas three straight.

Mark My Word: Michigan State wins the Big 10 behind a nasty defense, going to the Rose Bowl for the first time since 1988.

Mark My Word: Auburn upsets LSU on the road, winning in Baton Rouge for the first time since 1999.

Mark My Word: Bama loses at least two regular season games this year.

Mark My Word: Auburn wins 2 of their games against LSU, TX A & M, LSU, and UGA. Nice thread.

Mark My Word: I still dislike Georgia more than Bama and that will still be true at the end of the season (filled with plenty of laughs when they don't make the SEC Champ game).

Mark My Word: Auburn will lead the SEC in rushing!

Mark My Word: TCU will win the Big 12 championship.

Mark My Word: Alabama will be played dangerously close by one of the three cupcakes on their schedule.

Mark my Words: Nick Marshall joins Cam and Tebow in the 20/20 club.

Mark my Words: aTm loses 3 games this year, but Bammer isn't one of them. Aggies beat bammer at home.

Mark my Words: Jay Prosch will rush for 500+ and receive for 500+ yards, scoring at least 8 TD's.

Mark My Word: Louisville will be the only undefeted team, playing a one loss SEC time from the east for the last BCS championshtip

Mark My Word: All other "contendors" will end up with 2 losses

Mark My Word: Auburn's rushing attached will be second best in SEC, behind Georgia.

Guest jojo1515

Mark My Word: Bama loses at least two regular season games this year.

Mark My Word: Auburn wins 2 of their games against LSU, TX A & M, LSU, and UGA. Nice thread.

So are we playing LSU in a bowl game to play them twice? Lol... I'm assuming you meant alabama?

MARK MY WORD...Auburn wins ten games this year.

MARK MY WORD...Carl Lawson makes the freshman All American team

Mark My Words: Georgia wins the Crystal Ball this year

Mark My Words: Auburn wins 9 games this year

Mark My Words: Auburn Defense will lead the SEC in interceptions

Mark My Word... Auburn upsets TaM

Mark My Word... Alabama after losing so much talent does a worse job of "reloading" and doesnt get their lucky break to get to the BCS championship game.

Mark My Word... Someone outside of the SEC brings home the last BCS Championship trophy. I hope i'm wrong but there you have it

Mark My Word: Aubie wins the mascot national championship.

Mark My Word: Clowney wins the Heisman trophy and sets the all time sack record.

Mark My Word: Alabama will be the only team in the preseason top 5 to remain there all year. (Not real bold other than it's on an AU board, from an AU alum.)

Mark My Words: Auburn beats LSU. Mark My Words: Denson or Coates will have a 1000+ yards receiving season. Mark My Words: Malzahn will be awarded Coach of the Year.

Mark My Word:Auburn goes 8-4, we lose to someone we shouldn't(arky,miss schools,tenn), but beat someone we shouldn't(lsu bama uga atm)

Mark My Word: Bama loses to Tennessee or Arky

Mark My Word:Auburn doesnt lose a game by more then 10 points

Mark My Word: Garrett at star will be an All-American, and one of the most feared players in the nation

Mark My Words: Auburn will finish the season with at least 9 wins.

Mark My Words: Auburn defense will be in the top half of SEC rushing defense.

Mark My Words: Carolina will win the SEC.

Mark My Words: Clowney will lead the nation in sacks.

Archived