Is that what swift justice and transparency looks like

You make that mistake far more than I do. Even in your last post. I didn't say all you do is post politics I said all you do is the us vs them. But you're not stupid you knew that you just manipulate things alot to try to make points. It's a fun game, but what's hilarious is you don't think we all see what you do...lol

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right vs wrong, not us vs them.

Too early for me to try to manipulate stuff others say. Nice try.

This is not a slam dunk case for the prosecution. First they're almost certainly going to have to move the trials out of Baltimore and the defense attorneys are going to be poking all kinds of holes in the case or at least that's what they will attempt to do. They'll have good lawyers. She had to charge these officers with something to keep a lid on the violence. It could very well be that we get some deals made for testimony. We'll see how it all plays out.

I don't think it's a slam dunk necessarily either, at least for the biggest charges like murder, but I don't think it was that hard to charge them. There is more than enough video footage, eyewitness testimony and circumstantial evidence to say that we're confident a crime was committed. Comparisons were made to the Zimmerman case but they are quite different. No one saw anything outside of Zimmerman himself (and Trayvon who was dead) until the physical altercation had already happened. No one could corroborate any of his story leading up to it, including when he drew his weapon or who initiated the physical confrontation. Of course, it also meant that they couldn't disprove it either. Zimmerman got off because he was "lucky" no one saw what he did.

In this case there are witnesses and video of the chase and arrest. There's GPS tracking of the route the van took and we know the timeline. We know what he looked like before getting in the van and what he was like when removed from it. And we know what the police claimed happened vs what the physical evidence says.

Doesn't mean a conviction is guaranteed on a given count, but it does mean that these guys don't have the fog of ignorance of events that Zimmerman had to protect them.

This is not a slam dunk case for the prosecution. First they're almost certainly going to have to move the trials out of Baltimore and the defense attorneys are going to be poking all kinds of holes in the case or at least that's what they will attempt to do. They'll have good lawyers. She had to charge these officers with something to keep a lid on the violence. It could very well be that we get some deals made for testimony. We'll see how it all plays out.

BS. The coroner ruled the death a homicide and you say she brought charges for political reasons!? :dunno:

But you are right about not being a slam dunk. Cases against cops are always tough cases.

BS. The coroner ruled the death a homicide and you say she brought charges for political reasons!? :dunno:

But you are right about not being a slam dunk. Cases against cops are always tough cases.

Exactly. And people seem to be discounting how difficult it is for an DA to pursue charges against a cop at all. It's one reason people have suggested that all cases involving possible criminal misconduct by local police be handled by federal prosecutors. District attorneys' livelihoods depend on working with cops and their help to gather evidence and get key testimony for convictions. Prosecuting them is often seen as biting the hand that feeds you. It actually takes a good bit of courage to overcome that and pursue charges.

Exactly. And people seem to be discounting how difficult it is for an DA to pursue charges against a cop at all. It's one reason people have suggested that all cases involving possible criminal misconduct by local police be handled by federal prosecutors. District attorneys' livelihoods depend on working with cops and their help to gather evidence and get key testimony for convictions. Prosecuting them is often seen as biting the hand that feeds you. It actually takes a good bit of courage to overcome that and pursue charges.

Well, you cited that her having also taken money from the Fraternal Order of Police offset her taking the largest allowable amount from the Gray Family attorney, who incidentally has also been described as her mentor but the FOP also wants her to recuse herself...and they gave her money. The Baltimore former prosecutor has expressed similar concerns.

In a letter sent to Mosby by a Baltimore chapter of the Fraternal Order of Police on Friday, lodge president Gene Ryan asked the State’s Attorney to appoint a special prosecutor. The letter reads, in part:

“These conflicts include your personal and professional relations with Gray family attorney, William Murphy, and the lead prosecutor’s connections with members of the local media.”

“Based on several nationally televised interviews, these reporters are likely to be witnesses in any potential litigation regarding this incident.”

Former Baltimore prosecutor turned defense attorney, Ivan Bates, has also expressed similar concerns.

http://www.ijreview...._campaign=Crime

It has also been opined that going for these charges within 24 hours throws up red flags as there is absolutely no way to review all the evidence in less than 3 to 4 days. It takes that long for all of the reports to come in. Some believe moving this quickly is a rush to judgement that amounts to throwing red meant to an angry mob. I dont know but I, at least, can see a basis for their concerns especially knowing her husband is the City Councilman where all the protesting and rioting has occurred.

<

CLARKE: FREDDIE GRAY CHARGES ‘DUKE LACROSSE CASE ALL OVER AGAIN’

by IAN HANCHETT1 May 20153470

Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke (D) declared the charges brought against six police officers in the death of Freddie Gray “George Zimmerman and the Duke Lacrosse case all over again” and said “these cops are political prisoners,” offered up as human sacrifices, thrown like red meat to an angry mob” on Friday’s “Your World with Neil Cavuto” on the Fox News Channel.

A prosecutor who is thorough needs several days to sift through hundreds of pages of reports. They usually want to interview some of the witnesses themselves, in person, and they have to sift through all of the evidence, piece by piece, and they have to wait for some of the forensics evidence to conclude, to come back and that’s why I say on a minimum, three to four days. She just got this case yesterday. This is political activism. She’ll never prove this beyond a reasonable doubt, and I’m not going to silently stand by and watch my brother officers, offered up as human sacrifices, thrown like red meat to an angry mob, just to appease this angry mob.” And that “she rushed this thing through.”

http://www.breitbart...all-over-again/

You've made your opinions abundantly clear that few and, I mean damned few, understand these things as well as you do but it looks quite silly when you are so attached to that idea that you are compelled to take such an obvious personal tone. Many who are much more qualified than you see, at least, the possibility of impropriety. You dont, I get that but, that hardly means everyone who does is simply wrong because you dont and you're the voice of reason and are always right.

Homer they would have been charged regardless. Not saying they shouldn't be charged but rather that there is no way in hell that wasn't going to happen. Your comprehension skills are weak. She made it political when she brought in the no justice no peace line in the middle of that press conference. Politics always figures into these things.

Well, you cited that her having also taken money from the Fraternal Order of Police offset her taking the largest allowable amount from the Gray Family attorney, who incidentally has also been described as her mentor but the FOP also wants her to recuse herself...and they gave her money. The Baltimore former prosecutor has expressed similar concerns.

In a letter sent to Mosby by a Baltimore chapter of the Fraternal Order of Police on Friday, lodge president Gene Ryan asked the State’s Attorney to appoint a special prosecutor. The letter reads, in part:

“These conflicts include your personal and professional relations with Gray family attorney, William Murphy, and the lead prosecutor’s connections with members of the local media.”

“Based on several nationally televised interviews, these reporters are likely to be witnesses in any potential litigation regarding this incident.”

Former Baltimore prosecutor turned defense attorney, Ivan Bates, has also expressed similar concerns.

http://www.ijreview...._campaign=Crime

It has also been opined that going for these charges within 24 hours throws up red flags as there is absolutely no way to review all the evidence in less than 3 to 4 days. It takes that long for all of the reports to come in. Some believe moving this quickly is a rush to judgement that amounts to throwing red meant to an angry mob. I dont know but I, at least, can see a basis for their concerns especially knowing her husband is the City Councilman where all the protesting and rioting has occurred.

<

CLARKE: FREDDIE GRAY CHARGES ‘DUKE LACROSSE CASE ALL OVER AGAIN’

by IAN HANCHETT1 May 20153470

Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke (D) declared the charges brought against six police officers in the death of Freddie Gray “George Zimmerman and the Duke Lacrosse case all over again” and said “these cops are political prisoners,” offered up as human sacrifices, thrown like red meat to an angry mob” on Friday’s “Your World with Neil Cavuto” on the Fox News Channel.

A prosecutor who is thorough needs several days to sift through hundreds of pages of reports. They usually want to interview some of the witnesses themselves, in person, and they have to sift through all of the evidence, piece by piece, and they have to wait for some of the forensics evidence to conclude, to come back and that’s why I say on a minimum, three to four days. She just got this case yesterday. This is political activism. She’ll never prove this beyond a reasonable doubt, and I’m not going to silently stand by and watch my brother officers, offered up as human sacrifices, thrown like red meat to an angry mob, just to appease this angry mob.” And that “she rushed this thing through.”

http://www.breitbart...all-over-again/

You've made your opinions abundantly clear that few and, I mean damned few, understand these things as well as you do but it looks quite silly when you are so attached to that idea that you are compelled to take such an obvious personal tone. Many who are much more qualified than you see, at least, the possibility of impropriety. You dont, I get that but, that hardly means everyone who does is simply wrong because you dont and you're the voice of reason and are always right.

I'm sure somewhere in all that incoherence was a point. But let me just reiterate what I'm saying since you seem confused.

There are counterbalancing potential "conflicts" here.

On the side of Freddie Gray you have:

- The Grays family attorney donated $4000 or so to her campaign and was on her transition team. Some say he has filled some sort of a mentoring role for her in the past but I haven't seen anything concrete.

- Her husband is a city councilman representing Freddie Gray's district

- The protests putting pressure on any DA to bring charges

On the side of the police you have:

- Both her parents and five generations of her family have been police officers.

- The police union (FOP - Fraternal Order of Police) donated to her campaign

- The difficulty of any DA to "bite the hand that feeds" and pursue charges against the very people that make it possible for them to prosecute and get convictions.

I believe these concerns counter each other. I also believe that ANY DA would have brought charges just based on what we know now. It simply isn't credible that he got his injuries accidentally or that he did it to himself. That doesn't even count the additional evidence she has that we don't.

My gripe with you the whole time is that you only wish to look at the first list and completely discount the second.

Interesting how those who harp about government abuse of power and overreach are pretty hohum about it in this case.

Ain't it, though? Gotta love sacred cow politics.

Interesting how those who harp about government abuse of power and overreach are pretty hohum about it in this case.

Ain't it, though? Gotta love sacred cow politics.

I'll give EMT credit for sticking to his guns on the matter.

Well let's just hope it isn't contagious.

:laugh:

Ever heard of the guy? The right wing media apparently loves him.

I've seen people post some of his rants before. Never paid much attention to him. This video validates my lack of interest.

Sherriff Clarke may be the only one who gets it. My kind of cop. JMHO but I think the AG lady blew it with her comments announcing the charges. She is obviously prejudiced in her opinion and should recuse herself. Also they need to move any trial away from Baltimore.

Sherriff Clarke may be the only one who gets it. My kind of cop. JMHO but I think the AG lady blew it with her comments announcing the charges. She is obviously prejudiced in her opinion and should recuse herself. Also they need to move any trial away from Baltimore.

I don't know about recusal. Several prople today have said that is not necessary. I do know that if they don't move the trials then that is almost a guaranteed overturned guilty verdict.

ct...yeah it's kind of funny. Some of the same people who wanted the Ferguson guy to recuse himself don't won't her to do the same.

Homer they would have been charged regardless. Not saying they shouldn't be charged but rather that there is no way in hell that wasn't going to happen. Your comprehension skills are weak. She made it political when she brought in the no justice no peace line in the middle of that press conference. Politics always figures into these things.

Yeah, right. I can't read either.

BS. The coroner ruled the death a homicide and you say she brought charges for political reasons!? :dunno:/>

no you just deliberately misconstrue things. That's what you do

ct...yeah it's kind of funny. Some of the same people who wanted the Ferguson guy to recuse himself don't won't her to do the same.

Who would that be? I missed it.

Titan is simply defending the DA's claim to objectivity, and I have simply defended her actions (so far).

One can make a case she should recuse herself based on the depth of relationships on both sides, but I don't have a strong opinion about it at this point.

Maybe we should have Federal prosecutors step in all prosecutions of LEOs but I'd like to hear more opinion on it.

BS. The coroner ruled the death a homicide and you say she brought charges for political reasons!? :dunno:/>

no you just deliberately misconstrue things. That's what you do

Well, it has to be deliberate. It's hard to accidentally misconstrue a simple declarative sentence like:

She had to charge these officers with something to keep a lid on the violence.

:rolleyes:

I'm not going vto defend these officers but the bloodlust is ridiculous. Some won't be happy until the cops are hanged.

If they did exactly what they are accused of, the animosity is well placed. They purposely shackled a man's arms and legs so he couldn't protect himself, left him unrestrained inside an open back of a van and drove around crazily so he'd get slammed all over the inside. But they were too rough and it ended up breaking his neck, nearly severing his spinal cord and eventually killing him.

I'm not going vto defend these officers but the bloodlust is ridiculous. Some won't be happy until the cops are hanged.

If they did exactly what they are accused of, the animosity is well placed. They purposely shackled a man's arms and legs so he couldn't protect himself, left him unrestrained inside an open back of a van and drove around crazily so he'd get slammed all over the inside. But they were too rough and it ended up breaking his neck, nearly severing his spinal cord and eventually killing him.

Key word being if. I get the feeling most would just as soon skip the trial and go straight to the execution.

Archived