Election Day

AUDub

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, creed said:

I don't know what he remembers but I know he will have less disposable income in the future if his salary is static. If he's okay with that then cool. But some folks making +400k may not be cool with giving more money to the government for them to spend the $$ the  way they see fit.

He's been supporting Biden for a while, and Biden's position that he'll tax the top bracket hasn't changed. Pretty sure he knows that his taxes might go up with his decision cause he isn't an idiot, and he decided to support Biden anyway. Imagine picking a president not totally based on selfish reasoning.

24 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Be interesting to see if Joe speaks any differently now that it's purely celebratory.

It would be great if he would come out and ask those gathering in huge numbers to disburse in solitary with other organizations who have been forbidden to gather in large crowds (sports, education institutions, churches, etc.) That would be a good start to showing that he truly cares about being fair and unifying. 

38 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Be interesting to see if Joe speaks any differently now that it's purely celebratory.

I'm listening to him now and what I'm hearing is a man who is trying to unify the country and act like a president. He's repeating the line "I'm a proud Democrat, but I will govern as an American president and work as hard for those who voted against me as I do for those who did."

Thank God the era of Trump is drawing to a close!

There's one line that will be remembered and quoted for a long time in that speech.

"We will not lead by the example of our power, but by the power of our example."

29 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

I'm listening to him now and what I'm hearing is a man who is trying to unify the country and act like a president. He's repeating the line "I'm a proud Democrat, but I will govern as an American president and work as hard for those who voted against me as I do for those who did."

That was as good as I've ever heard Biden.

6 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

That was Bernie.  No soup for you!

You might have spoke too soon. Twitter is all a buzz about Biden ordering the Secretary of Education to immediately forgive all student loan debt. Wish I hadn’t paid off my wife’s student loans this summer now.

1 hour ago, creed said:

I don't know what he remembers but I know he will have less disposable income in the future if his salary is static. If he's okay with that then cool. But some folks making +400k may not be cool with giving more money to the government for them to spend the $$ the  way they see fit.

That's what all this voting is about. ;)

"They/us" reflects the tribalism that is destroying this country.  Or perhaps you disapprove of a progressive tax rate in theory?

At any rate, I sure he was "cool" with the Trump tax which lowered taxes (progressively) in an already booming economy.  We'll all be paying for that, well, at least your grandkids will. (At least that's what we will soon be hearing from the Rethuglicans.;))

To all the folks who don't believe America had lost standing in the world over the last four years, I present this.  Fireworks, ringing church bells, and celebrations around Europe and Canada today.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/524962-fireworks-in-london-church-bells-in-paris-as-biden-win-celebrated-abroad?amp&__twitter_impression=true

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

That's what all this voting is about. ;)

"They/us" reflects the tribalism that is destroying this country.  Or perhaps you disapprove of a progressive tax rate in theory?

At any rate, I sure he was "cool" with the Trump tax which lowered taxes (progressively) in an already booming economy.  We'll all be paying for that, well, at least your grandkids will. (At least that's what we will soon be hearing from the Rethuglicans.;))

Using derogatory names for either party also reflects tribalism. 

1 hour ago, CleCoTiger said:

Agreed on all.

I was mainly referring to his actual speech impediment, if it does in fact qualify as such, and it was what I suspected. Which is that it wasn't nearly as evident tonight.

TL;DR Suck it haters. Uncle Joe is easily as lucid as any POTUS in my lifetime.

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Homer isn't running for president, boss.

Oh, I thought the goal was people unifying. I misunderstood the intent. 

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Who TF do you expect homer to unite lol

I thought the idea was that people start trying to build bridges. I didn’t realize that everyone except the politicians were exempt from that request. Again, I stand corrected and apologize for misunderstanding the idea of unification. 

19 minutes ago, jared52 said:

I thought the idea was that people start trying to build bridges. I didn’t realize that everyone except the politicians were exempt from that request. Again, I stand corrected and apologize for misunderstanding the idea of unification. 

Actually, I'm gonna walk it back. I see what you're saying. 

But the main point is that the people paid to lead need to lead. And when the GOP nominates a legitimate candidate again, the people who vote for the GOP candidate won't earn so much derision.

20 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Actually, I'm gonna walk it back. I see what you're saying. 

But the main point is that the people paid to lead need to lead. And when the GOP nominates a legitimate candidate again, the people who vote for the GOP candidate won't earn so much derision.

Agreed.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Agreed on all.

I was mainly referring to his actual speech impediment, if it does in fact qualify as such, and it was what I suspected. Which is that it wasn't nearly as evident tonight.

TL;DR Suck it haters. Uncle Joe is easily as lucid as any POTUS in my lifetime.

Mikey - "obviously senile"    :laugh:

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Absolutely. It reinforces my point. 

So what's yours?

Just thinking that the first place to start is dropping the derogatory names for people groups we don’t agree with, but I’m just out here dreaming. Carry on. 

Joe being Joe: "We have 230 Million-Thousand dead..."

Just how many is a Million-Thousand? Is that a Trillion?

Archived