2015 5* DT Daron Payne (Alabama signee)

ellitor

There has not been any real new news on Payne in quite a while. He is Bama's to lose. JMO since he has not committed yet, but I wish we pushed this thread to Rivals.

He is still a top[ target and the staff is recruiting him hard. Till those things change or he commits to Bama the thread stays here.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There has not been any real new news on Payne in quite a while. He is Bama's to lose. JMO since he has not committed yet, but I wish we pushed this thread to Rivals.

He is still a top[ target and the staff is recruiting him hard. Till those things change or he commits to Bama the thread stays here.

:thumbsup:

I'd be mighty upset if our staff just gave up on a guy they really want. I mean, it's not like they're down 21-0 or anything.

Lets keep the discussion on D Payne forget about what everyone is wearing.

Yes, people don't need to be discussing what they are wearing. I don't have any pants on.

Yes, people don't need to be discussing what they are wearing. I don't have any pants on.

I'm not wearing a hat.

I'm not wearing a hat.

I am not in a gladiator movie, or in a men's locker room!

• 2 weeks later...

Long time since I posted, but my nephew will have the pleasure of blocking Mr. Payne tonight when Vestavia plays Shades Valley. He told me last night he is going to give him a War Eagle every chance he gets! We shall see what Payne's response will be. Payne out weighs him by 100 lb.

Long time since I posted, but my nephew will have the pleasure of blocking Mr. Payne tonight when Vestavia plays Shades Valley. He told me last night he is going to give him a War Eagle every chance he gets! We shall see what Payne's response will be. Payne out weighs him by 100 lb.

Ha, that's awesome. War Eagle to you and your nephew!

Ha, that's awesome. War Eagle to you and your nephew!

Cool story, Like Golf said, let us know how it goes.

Well got the scoop from my nephew. Payne is very athletic, but he was not going 100% all the time. They were able to contain him and on one double team he just basically fell back and my nephew thought they had hurt him. I like what my nephew said sometimes they play hard their junior year to get recognition then protect themselves their senior year. On another note I did watch the Hoover Blackmon (Tenn) game and Darryl Williams from Hoover ( Auburn commit) is the real deal. My nephew said when they played them Williams rocked him a few time. Williams has a motor that does not stop.

Well got the scoop from my nephew. Payne is very athletic, but he was not going 100% all the time. They were able to contain him and on one double team he just basically fell back and my nephew thought they had hurt him. I like what my nephew said sometimes they play hard their junior year to get recognition then protect themselves their senior year. On another note I did watch the Hoover Blackmon (Tenn) game and Darryl Williams from Hoover ( Auburn commit) is the real deal. My nephew said when they played them Williams rocked him a few time. Williams has a motor that does not stop.

Thanks for the post.

Just got a CB to AU on 247.

Saw that. Interesting...

by who?

Wesley Sinor of al.com. There is talk the battle may be closer than many Auburn fans think.

Just got a CB to AU on 247.

Saw that. Interesting...

by who?

Wesley Sinor of al.com. There is talk the battle may be closer than many Auburn fans think.

Ah okay. I was hoping it was from a more credible recruiting source.

Archived