Nix enters the portal

AUreo

7 minutes ago, AUwent said:

"Entitled fans with outrageous expectations?" Oh, you mean like being able to keep a generational talent with zero disciplinary problems? This isn't Michael Dyer or Jovon Robinson. If Harsin were actually building something, this wouldn't be happening.

Generational talent? What are you smoking? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Tank decided to transfer when we threw a 20 yard pass on 4th and 2. I think everyone saw the writing on the wall this year that he wouldn’t be back.

Cannot disagree with you there.

9 minutes ago, Taco said:

Well we were in championships at least and finished above .500… 

They had no talent on those basketball team and everybody knew it. It wasn’t as though there were red flags popping up about Bruce and the program. 

I’ll go one more point forward and say Bruce was a proven commodity in the world of NCAA basketball reaching the Sweet 16 and turning Tennessee back around as well. He just had some… issues for hosting BBQs. 

All I hear about Harsin from Boise fans is his lack of ability to close out against tough opponents and his sheer stubbornness to adjust. —- which I believe we have already gotten a taste of 

What championships?  We've played in exactly ONE SEC title game since that 2013 run.  Its like some of y'all have selective amnesia and think we've been a juggernaut.  We haven't been.  At all.

Who cares about finishing above .500?  Its about winning titles.  No one celebrates 9 win teams at Auburn 20 years later.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

And Bruce's first two seasons were 14 wins and 11 wins.  Exactly the same stuff we had been doing.

Your comparison of Gus to Barbee is asinine. Gus never had a losing season. He left Harsin with a team that finished 6-4 playing all big games. Harsin took that and went 3-6 in his big games. That's not a step in the right direction by any means.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 3

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

What championships?  We've played in exaclty ONE SEC title game since that 2013 run.  Its like some of y'all have selective amnesia and think we've beem a juggernaut.  We haven't been.  At all.

Who cares about finishing above .500?  Its about winning titles.  No one celebrates 9 win teams at Auburn 20 years later.

It’s fine. Harsin’s gonna pull a great class with a bunch of OL through the transfer portal and bring in Bachmeier and Zach Evans and somehow convince Kellen Moore to come and fix HG’s hitchy throwing motion and maybe let DD touch the football and we’ll be back to a 6-8 win program within a year. I’m over it. I’m drinking the kool-aid. #TrustTheProcess

Just now, Mikey said:

Your comparison of Gus to Barbee is asinine. Gus never had a losing season. He left Harsin with a team that finished 6-4 playing all big games. Harsin took that and went 3-6 in his big games. That's not a step in the right direction by any means.

Gus went 6-6 in 2015 two years removed from a national title run.  Where were y'all then?  Cause that certainly wasn't a step in the right direction either.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Mikey said:

If you can’t see the reason for that go put on your black and gold and move to Orlando 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

What championships?  We've played in exactly ONE SEC title game since that 2013 run.  Its like some of y'all have selective amnesia and think we've been a juggernaut.  We haven't been.  At all.

You are holding your own, which you are well able to do. This place has turned into a nut house, with a bunch of emotional, over reactive posters. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 3

4 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

If you can’t see the reason for that go put on your black and gold and move to Orlando 

If one did become a UCF fan, he would have been rooting for a team that finished 8-4 this season instead of Auburn's 6-6.

15 minutes ago, Mikey said:

If one did become a UCF fan, he would have been rooting for a team that finished 8-4 this season instead of Auburn's 6-6.

And how many conference titles did they win combined?

Harsin had better be this Saban-esque miracle maker many seem to think he is because right now we look to have a number of very lean, unpleasant seasons ahead of us at this rate. 

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Honestly, I think I liked Jovon Robinson’s playing and run-style better than Tank’s. Hate we didn’t see more of it. 

it was alot easier with Jovon playing behind a non god awful OLine! 

1 hour ago, Ranger12 said:

Coach Harsin could give no guarantees to Nix about next year and is actively recruiting JUCO transfers. That is tough for a 3 year starter to swallow coming into his senior season, especially for a legacy guy like Nix. 

If you ain't the best, you shouldn't play.  All that should be guaranteed is a fair shot at the starting spot. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Nope.  Just proving my point again.

And it is another example of refusing to answer a question that will potentially weaken his argument

• Like 1

Just now, bigbird said:

And it is another example of refusing to answer a question that will potentially weaken his argument

Oh he skipped right on by that Gus being 6-6 in 2015 post.

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Oh he skipped right on by that Gus being 6-6 in 2015 post.

There's a distinct pattern...

• Like 1