Snowed in

I live about 30 miles southeast of downtown Nashville so was until yesterday when I got out to do a couple of errands. But temperatures are dropping significantly over next couple of days plus we had mixed precipitation late yesterday along with snowing again this morning  so answer is now yes😁

2 minutes ago, akillshot said:

I live about 30 miles southeast of downtown Nashville so was until yesterday when I got out to do a couple of errands. But temperatures are dropping significantly over next couple of days plus we had mixed precipitation late yesterday along with snowing again this morning  so answer is now yes😁

I've been snowed in since Sunday. Got better yesterday.  Refroze last night

Yep we haven’t gone anywhere for three days, just been doing some sledding and relaxing. Planning to get out today for an errand ….guess we will see how that goes. 

Nope, it snowed and then did what it is supposed to do in central Alabama ... melted and went away the next day :)

• Like 1

Seven inches of snow. Got down to 1 degree a couple nights ago. Zero stars, do not recommend. 

8 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

BTW is anyone else on the board snowed in?

Snow and ice......what's that? I am wearing flip flops and shorts every day.  😁

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, cbo said:

Seven inches of snow. Got down to 1 degree a couple nights ago. Zero stars, do not recommend. 

Where u at. We got all sleet. Bout 4 inches worth

Edited by NWALA Tiger

Yes, seven inches of snow this week in Baltimore requiring multiple hours of shoveling. Maybe why some of the Northern states have longer life expectancy staying in shape from shoveling,  at least for the ones that don't die immediately after doing the shoveling. 

8” here in Franklin, TN.  We’ve ventured out for a few trips up to Cool Springs and Brentwood.  The refreezing yesterday made our neighborhood road’s difficult…my truck was sliding around a good bit until I got on the main roads.  As a long time Floridian who hasn’t experienced more than an inch or two of snow in my life, this has been an interesting experience seeing how the snow gradually compacts and turns into several inches of impenetrable ice on the roads and sidewalks, as well as learning how and when to shovel snow, and how valuable salt, sand, and gloves are.

• Like 3

On 1/19/2024 at 10:34 AM, alabastertiger said:

Nope, it snowed and then did what it is supposed to do in central Alabama ... melted and went away the next day :)

I live on the Alabaster/Calera line and we had snow and ice in shady areas of our back yard for days. 

Sunday the 21st. Still 8 inches of snow on the ground at my location outside Knoxville. Roads leading to my house are still impassible, and it's uphill, so no deliveries, no mail, and we are just holing up.

To make matters worse, our HVAC died when the cold set in before the storm. The part had to be ordered. Shipping during the winter storm? Then the repair guys couldn't get to our house for a few days. Space heaters work fine in small rooms, but in our main living space, which is big open family room and kitchen, that's harder to get warm. The repair guys did finally brave the elements two days ago, going above and beyond, installing the new part in this frozen area. So now we have heat. But we are still immobilized until the thaw.

• Like 1

Sorry you all are dealing with some nasty weather.  😬  This is my reality 365 days a year.  Flip-flops and shorts year-round.  😁

I'm a far cry from Boaz, Alabama.  Stay safe.

raja-ampat.thumb.webp.d805f77793126aeff22066067a77b157.webp

• Like 5
  • Love 1