Jeremy Garrett off to NFL

toddc

Auburn DL coach Jeremy Garrett leaving for NFL job

Another assistant coaching job opens up at Auburn

Nathan King5 mins

More staff changes are on the way for Hugh Freeze heading into Year 2 at Auburn.

Tigers defensive line coach Jeremy Garrett is leaving Auburn to become the new defensive line coach for the Jacksonville Jaguars, Auburn Undercover has been informed. Garrett informed the team of his decision this week and is expected to be officially announced by Jacksonville soon. The news was first reported by 247Sports' Matt Zenitz.

Garrett's departure makes for five assistant jobs turned over at Auburn from the 2023 season, as Freeze also had to replace offensive coordinator Philip Montgomery, defensive coordinator Ron Roberts, safeties coach Zac Etheridge and running backs coach Cadillac Williams.

Auburn Undercover will update this story. Check back for additional information.

• Sad 1

I really thought he was one of the good ones last year. Hopefully CHF can find an even better one.

• Like 2

Tough loss but I can’t blame him. 

• Like 3

Big loss with this news. He had done a great job with the 25 class at DL. The DL coach has become a position that demands a good recruiter. Garrett seems to have tired of the recruiting grind quickly. Really hate to see him leave.

• Like 1

Yeah, double edged sword. You want our coaches to be successful but if they are, potentially getting poached is a real thing. Maybe coaches will see we get them in the NFL so we will start getting all the really good ones.

45 minutes ago, CR said:

Big loss with this news. He had done a great job with the 25 class at DL. The DL coach has become a position that demands a good recruiter. Garrett seems to have tired of the recruiting grind quickly. Really hate to see him leave.

He was never going to stay in CFB. He came to land the DL position. Only way to keep him here was to give him Some higher position (DC).

• WarTiger changed the title to Jeremy Garrett off to NFL
1 hour ago, tigeraddikt said:

Good for him. Now let’s go get another good one!

Yep! Who’s on the list? 🤓

51 minutes ago, jknighton said:

Ohhh if we could get Garner back

Ive always been a Garner fan, but I’d rather catch a coach on the way up than one on the way down. Freeeze demands a lot of time on the road and Im not sure Garner wants to do that in this stage of his career.

Edited by CR
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, CR said:

Ive always been a Garner fan, but I’d rather catch a coach on the way up than one on the way down. Freeeze demands a lot of time on the road and Im not Garner wants to do that in this stage of his career.

I can't argue with any of this...

32 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Based on what I know, I don't want Garner even close to Auburn again.

LMAO

22 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Do tell.....

16 minutes ago, AU120289 said:

image.gif.20427c0b52174edeb6c0ed778aa8830e.gif

Too many of yall are the type to click on those "The Lions scored a touchdown. Then suddenly my mother turned pale and screamed 'call 911'..." stories on facebook ads.

:lol: :roflol:

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Based on what I know, I don't want Garner even close to Auburn again.

Hmmm I wonder what it is you know…

14 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

LMAO

Too many of yall are the type to click on those "The Lions scored a touchdown. Then suddenly my mother turned pale and screamed 'call 911'..." stories on facebook ads.

:lol: :roflol:

Maybe he knows something.  

10 hours ago, jknighton said:

Ohhh if we could get Garner back

Freeze will probably look for someone he is familiar with.

• Like 1