Kwon Alexander

newtonheisman

He said that he enjoyed the camp at oregon and plans to narrow his favorites list to a top 5 before the season. Says that both AU and UA are still "high up" for him. He also said that he loves coach chizik and he he loves auburn. Thigpen is his main recruiter and he said he is also pretty awesome. that's about it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He said that he enjoyed the camp at oregon and plans to narrow his favorites list to a top 5 before the season. Says that both AU and UA are still "high up" for him. He also said that he loves coach chizik and he he loves auburn. Thigpen is his main recruiter and he said he is also pretty awesome. that's about it.

Thig is probably one of our better recruiters other than maybe Troop, but hopefully Thig can get him on board! :we:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/6796082/hoover-7-7-notes

. . . here's the new focus since the Media Days about scaring recruits form Auburn.

Frankly, if the recruit doesn't trust that the staff is square with them, maybe he should move along. Along that same path, the NCAA needs to wrap things up.

What would crack me up is from someone to commit to Bama and they get hit with even more sanctions  . . .

With UAT already on probation, why would they even consider the Turd? Also, there's just as much uncertainty, if not more, about UAT than AU. Have these two guys not heard about B. Callaway's quandry or this latest T-Town clothing scandal (which is far from over)? If either of these two scenarios play out, Bama faces severe, and I mean damned severe sanctions. Someone needs to point that out to them when they bring up Cam.

I am beginning to think that Chizik was really frustrated about the Cam situation. I think it might be hurting recruiting actually and Chizik was voicing his frustration. I think there are a bunch of coaches out there pushing the Cam thing as undisclosed and that Auburn is still up for sanctions. It didn't help that the vice president of the NCAA simply said Auburn is not done yet with the NCAA. I think AU will be fine, but the perception right now among the kids that haven't committed yet seems to be different. I could be way off, though.

I am beginning to think that Chizik was really frustrated about the Cam situation. I think it might be hurting recruiting actually and Chizik was voicing his frustration. I think there are a bunch of coaches out there pushing the Cam thing as undisclosed and that Auburn is still up for sanctions. It didn't help that the vice president of the NCAA simply said Auburn is not done yet with the NCAA. I think AU will be fine, but the perception right now among the kids that haven't committed yet seems to be different. I could be way off, though.

It does have an effect on some.  I don't think it is a major factor though.  Frankly, many schools recruiting these guys have acloud hanging over them also.  And yes, Coach Chizik has to be frustrated but he is the type of guy that will not let you know he is frustrated.  The "heated" exchange was not near as bad as some have made it out to be. 

I see what you mean, but he also said something and if Chizik is that reserved, that means his frustration is really high I think. 

I see what you mean, but he also said something and if Chizik is that reserved, that means his frustration is really high I think. 

Agreed. Chizik doesn't display his emotions all that often. Especially, not distain or disgust, or anger for that matter. It's mostly constructive criticism, other than calling out the O-Line last year.  I'm sure hearing from the recruits and parents, and having to respond to the answer over-and-over just built-up. I truly do believe that Auburn's recruitment of Cam Newton was/is clean. I love how Chizik is building a strong foundation for an elite program on a strong moral basis; our Coaches aren't just feeding bull to the recruits. They stand by everything they say, and try to be as upfront with the recruits as possible.

Agreed. Chizik doesn't display his emotions all that often. Especially, not distain or disgust, or anger for that matter. It's mostly constructive criticism, other than calling out the O-Line last year.  I'm sure hearing from the recruits and parents, and having to respond to the answer over-and-over just built-up. I truly do believe that Auburn's recruitment of Cam Newton was/is clean. I love how Chizik is building a strong foundation for an elite program on a strong moral basis; our Coaches aren't just feeding bull to the recruits. They stand by everything they say, and try to be as upfront with the recruits as possible.

Well said TheBCSRobbery

Well said TheBCSRobbery

Dang it! ^^^WHAT HE SAID^^^

Well said TheBCSRobbery

You smokin again  :-X :-\

Yes there is negative recruiting ... that being said ... UA is on probation .... Tennessee (self given two years) LSU just got one year ... CMR of georgia on the hot seat ....  goes on and on and on ..... and yes us ( cam ).  I sleep well at night just like CGC does! 

Well said TheBCSRobbery

I agree with what you said, about what he said, about what he said about what he said.

Well said TheBCSRobbery

I agree with what you said, about what he said, about what he said about what he said.

Well we have another member on drugs

With UAT already on probation, why would they even consider the Turd? Also, there's just as much uncertainty, if not more, about UAT than AU. Have these two guys not heard about B. Callaway's quandry or this latest T-Town clothing scandal (which is far from over)? If either of these two scenarios play out, Bama faces severe, and I mean damned severe sanctions. Someone needs to point that out to them when they bring up Cam.

Unfortunately since it's uat, they'll only get a slap on the wrist despite already being on probation. If the NCAA cared anything about just punishments then the turds wouldn't have even been eligible to win their NC in '09 because they would have been under much more severe sanctions. By then again, the NCAA is in a bit of a crackdown mode.

It's not about who is, will be or will not be on probation. It's about what the kids hear day in day out. We know Auburn is clean and Bama is on probation. But, the media aren't telling that story. They're spinning the empty Cam case for all it's worth. And, perhaps it's working.

No truth in advertising and perception is everything. Bama is perceived by the state's media as the darling.

We'll get a great class. Don't worry. But, it does seem that some of the guys we want will fall under the spell of the BS they're being fed every day.

I believe if we can stay on the big guys list til the end, this should sort it's self out.  I don't see this dragging out much longer. There is a reason Chizik asked when he did.  They are making their final push. 

A few of the "premier" players will be swayed by the continued bad press, but may well end up like Blakely..wishing they had done otherwise. For now, as said above, we will have another very good recruiting class..and can only pray that next year the "Cam" issue will finally be done and over.

A few of the "premier" players will be swayed by the continued bad press, but may well end up like Blakely..wishing they had done otherwise. For now, as said above, we will have another very good recruiting class..and can only pray that next year the "Cam" issue will finally be done and over.

The "Cam" issue will only be over if we start losing. If we win, it will only get worse. So I say lets keep winning.

The "Cam" issue will only be over if we start losing. If we win, it will only get worse. So I say lets keep winning.

If that's the case, I want to still be hearing about Cam for decades to come!!!!!

:we:  :we:  :we:  :we:  :we:

Kwon has publicly admitted that the Cam situation is swaying his decision...

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/6796082/hoover-7-7-notes

sounds like he as been listing to some bammers. That is the first thing that comes out of there mouth when talking to a recruit, then after bashing Auburn then they start talking about how great bammer is and how they will never have any NCAA issues or any sanctions ever again.

Archived