Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So Hunter is leaving too huh? Let's just be real, we're screwed

The Hunter mentioned went to UCF a few weeks ago

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Think of hell Freezing over

Lol. But tell us who it is! I’m fine with that hire. Gotta do something to keep up with the competition. 🤷‍♂️

There's no way Harsin survives this. 

I feel for the players. So much at stake for them and they have precious few years to make it work. Then to be in the middle of this mess. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So Hunter is leaving too huh? Let's just be real, we're screwed

Lee Hunter?  He's gone already 

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, wcware said:

It’s just real talk. This stuff sends shock waves through an entire program 

You think KD and the boys give a crap what idiocy the football program has gotten themselves into? Please that’s the #1 team in the country. Put some respect on it

• Like 1

One thing I do find kinda funny about the “he verbally abused players and staff” is that tons of other vaunted coaches do it in plain sight on the sidelines every Saturday afternoon, and no one says anything about it. 

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t understand talking to other human beings that way.  But why is it okay for some to do it in public on national television and others get crucified for allegedly doing it in private? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

and all the ppl liking the post.

likes.thumb.png.15232da109372572af235f84f1d49ddc.png

This is the most telling thing of all. 

Gah, this just makes me so sad.  Wins and losses aside, this program is about the players first and foremost and fostering an environment of success. 

If ANY of that is true Harsin needs to be gone yesterday. 

• Like 2

Just now, zeroforwinger said:

You think KD and the boys give a crap what idiocy the football program has gotten themselves into? Please that’s the #1 team in the country. Put some respect on it

Yes, those guys are their friends.

Well hell I didn't know. It's ridiculous the awesome defense we had in place and poof it's gone because you didn't want your players to be empowered lol.

23 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

and all the ppl liking the post.

likes.thumb.png.15232da109372572af235f84f1d49ddc.png

Therein lies the alleged verbal abuse..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Auburn Tiger said:

One thing I do find kinda funny about the “he verbally abused players and staff” is that tons of other vaunted coaches do it in plain sight on the sidelines every Saturday afternoon, and no one says anything about it. 

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t understand talking to other human beings that way.  But why is it okay for some to do it in public on national television and others get crucified for allegedly doing it in private? 

It’s about relationships established outside of that. Harsin doesn’t do the work or have the results to back it up. Saban and smart are no nonsense but it’s overlooked because they win and I don’t think I’m general are abusive outside of games.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Therein lies the alleged verbal abuse..

Liking a friends post isn’t saying or implying anything. 

Edited by Taco

33 minutes ago, japantiger said:

The internet is cesspool. Either way, hate this for his family.  But Auburn needs to make a statement. You can't just let wild speculation, or if true, an investigation, go completely unaddressed.  The AD needs to get out of his bunker and lead the program now.

I don't know if they can or should since there may be an impending personnel action - which could include either a firing or a negotiated buyout. We don't even have a good read on the timeframe, so they may be working on a post-move or simultaneous announcement.

More than that - what would they say? Either it would be "the rumors are not true" (which would certainly be a thing) or "yes, we're investigating something" - which would be quite another thing. Even a non-statement statement people will be reading into.

14 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You mean like earlier this year? 

I am not sure what you mean.  Do mind expanding so I understand?

39 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

If true, interesting so many of his BSU coaches chose to follow him here after working for him for several years.

More than likely they doubled their income by coming here. You can put up with a lot when the bank account is benefitting

Well picked a good day to stay home due to overnight ice storm.  Wouldn't get work done anyways lol

Time to listen to insider Cole again because he's been telling the board this from day one.

Two ways to lose a team, don't play your best players and not showing you love and care for your players. You see I don't care who you are you aren't going to be successful if you don't embrace African American culture. You don't have to agree with everything but you are going to have to care. Period.

Lastly, I told you, if you want to know the TRUTH. Just watch the players. They'll always lead you to the truth.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, Taco said:

Somebody please take away Ha

Liking a friends post isn’t saying or implying anything. 

The post from Lee hunter plainly says it and friends liking it backs is up. Shaun Shivers also has stories he wishes to share.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I am not sure what you mean.  Do mind expanding so I understand?

I was making a point but it's literally not connected to you at all personally. Actually I apologize because if I was you I would think Wtf is he talking about too. My bad bro.

I was talking about this is how the stuff with coach corn should've been handled as far as making sure we didn't post rumors and stuff.

• Like 1