Jarrett Stidham to be named Auburn's Starting QB

RunInRed

1 hour ago, RunInRed said:

Full video 

Very impressive young man. I am really starting to feel good about this year.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Watch it now... @caleb1633 might fight you for his man crush.

I got my prison shank ready!

16 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Bring it! :shoot:

I will let the gods decide my fate. I demand a crush by combat!

11 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Knew this was coming today. Was told last week he would be announced Monday. There was no possible way it could be put off after Saturday after what I saw at scrimmage. Also I think it is a good move to keep SW as backup. He is a 4th year junior who has experience. He is not near as hurt as people are making out but he is not 100%. I would say 90%. MW was the 2nd best qb in spring and fall camp so far but rs him unless absolutely have to play him to keep title hope alive if JS got injured etc. Redshirting MW also helps us recruit abother qb.

If this board is any indication sw should at LEAST run for governor....this guy has had the most charmed auburn career from any qb I've seen in my lifetime....he's almost treated as a martyr.....

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

If this board is any indication sw should at LEAST run for governor....this guy has had the most charmed auburn career from any qb I've seen in my lifetime....he's almost treated as a martyr.....

I trust you're talking about the way he's been perceived by fans and not how his career has actually played out. 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I trust you're talking about the way he's been perceived by fans and not how his career has actually played out. 

Yes how he is perceived. 

11 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Redshirting MW also helps us recruit abother qb.

23, not doubting just curious... How does RS MW help us recruiting?  I would think that allowing him game time experience his FR year would be enticing to young QBs.  If he RS then that means anyone who comes in next year will have to compete against MW for as much as 4 years to earn starting spot. 

6 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

23, not doubting just curious... How does RS MW help us recruiting?  I would think that allowing him game time experience his FR year would be enticing to young QBs.  If he RS then that means anyone who comes in next year will have to compete against MW for as much as 4 years to earn starting spot. 

Fellow inquiring mind looking forward to 23's response. Forever learning about this recruiting business.

7 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

I tilted my head at this statement also.

32 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

My assumption on the matter would be it will garner a true competition as MW wouldn't have as much of a leg up on the incoming qb's. Just a guess. 

3 hours ago, lkeel75 said:

He would have another year of eligibility, but he wouldn't have the advantage of game experience.

19 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Not bad Jarrett! Just so everyone knows how he compares:

Jeremy Johnson's forty time was 4.75 and 31.5 vertical  (NFL Pro Day Results)

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=127419&draftyear=2017&genpos=QB

Other forty times:

Tre Mason 4.5
Cameron Artis-Payne 4.53
Jadeveon Clowney 4.53
Cam Newton 4.59

1 minute ago, auburn4ever said:

With JF3 leaving, who'll be the 3rd string QB?

Uhhh...is this a trick question?  I'm going to go out out on a limb and say Malik Willis.

6 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

You never disappoint...Smh lol

9 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Can we meet in real life? I have SO many questions. 

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Cox has always been our 3rd string QB. :bananadance:Where you been? Whirlybird ALL DAY, EVERY DAY!

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Well, it won't be the 4th string receiver.

3 hours ago, AidiAU said:

Can we meet in real life? I have SO many questions. 

Turing test?

8 hours ago, lkeel75 said:

That is my opinion.  I just think the less we have to ise MW this year the better. Kid is good like real good a md the qb we want and look good for atm wants to play early. I am not saying JF scared of competition. He is a qb that only comes around so often. Also Also JS is a sophomore but a 1st year player at AU I would consider him at freshman in recruits eyes. He played some at a freshman at Baylor but this is a new system and he is our starter showing we will start the best player and the position and tend not afraid to start an incoming recruit at qb. 

Archived